This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Fort Triumph, a turn-based tactical RPG by CookieByte Entertainment, and All In! Games.
Inspired by a mix of XCOM and Heroes of Might and Magic, Fort Triumph tasks players with constructing outposts, recruiting heroes, and sending them out on quests.
The tactical battles place a large emphasis on positioning and manipulating the environment, allowing players to slam enemies into boulders, or knock trees down on their foes. Maps are procedurally generated, and like in XCOM, your adventurers can die permanently.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Fort Triumph is available on Windows PC, Linux, and Mac (all via Steam) for $24.99, and 2020 on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
You can find a rundown of the game (via Steam) below:
Fort Triumph is a challenging fantasy turn-based tactics game where permanent death is a possibility at any moment. How’s that for pressure?
Lead a band of heroes with different skill sets through a witty, parody fantasy plot. Missions with various objectives are waiting for you on tiled procedural maps—whether in story mode or skirmish, prepare yourself for a grand adventure.
- Utilize your surroundings: Every tree or boulder is a potential weapon in battle.
- Strategize: Choose between four factions and four classes. Build your base, gather resources and teach your characters new skills!
- Grow your heroes: Gain traits and cross-class skills to make your heroes unique every time you play!
- Explore procedurally generated maps: Fort Triumph features flexible world maps with variable locations and events. Each battle calls for a new plan.
- Turn up the volume: Marco Valerio Antonini, an award-winning composer, created the original in-game music.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!