Today’s Niche Spotlight is Five Nations, a sci-fi RTS by SilverForge with galactic-scale battles, and modding and custom map support.
A small skirmish over a scientific expedition has erupted into a full-scale intergalactic war between five rival factions. Fight for the glory of your nation across 56 campaign missions and over 20 skirmish maps.
Build up your base, economy, and research new technologies so you can dominate your rivals with vast armadas of starships, or spacefaring alien bioweapons. The game also supports a built-in map editor and other tools to create your own matches with special conditions.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Five Nations is available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
What began as a conflict over a scientific expedition in the far future escalated into a war between five determined galactic civilizations. Five Nations is a real-time sci-fi strategy game for PC platform. Encompassing tactical combat in space in real-time mixed with micromanagement of economy, construction, and production featuring a variety of single player modes.
- Story mode – 56 various campaign missions with voice acting.
- Skirmish mode – Over 20 maps to pitting you against AI in customisable games — with adjustable difficulty settings such as starting only with a Foundation station.
- Classic RTS MACRO elements – Develop your space facilities, mining stations, factories, power plants and research centers. Mine resources in order to produce a gigantic armada of various spacecrafts.
- Classic RTS MICRO elements – Confront and destroy your rivals by employing shrewd strategies to outmaneuver their fleets by micromanaging your spaceships and structures through conventional RTS mechanics tailored to modern action-packed gameplay.
- Make your own maps and mods – Built-in map editor and various tools allow you to completely create your own ideas.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!