This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Did you ever wish you played an old-school dungeon crawler where you beat everything to death with not swords and maces – but rather your own two fists? Indie developers Thomas LeBlanc and Zeke James have been working on a game that does just that, and it’s titled simply Fight Knight.
The game features a mix of fast, real-time, beat-you-to-a-pulp gameplay that has you hunting down various hellbeasts with your two ironclad fists. Featured above, you can view the game’s latest trailer.
The combat is quite robust, featuring all the moves you’d expect in a fighting game – not a dungeon crawler, including: punch, dodge, push, counter, punch, block, and punch again, until you achieve victory.
Here are the game’s key features:
- UNIQUE PRESENTATION – Retro-game-inspired visuals that manage to look unlike any retro game
- 8+ ZONES – Each comprised of multiple floors of puzzle-filled dungeon exploration. Each zone of the Tower has its own unique setting, layout, NPCs, puzzle elements, and enemies
- HAND-CRAFTED LEVELS – Thoughtfully created levels full of puzzles that are designed to take FIGHT KNIGHT’s unique fisty capabilities into account
- ROBUST COMBAT – Compelling real-time positional combat system involving all manner of fist-based warfare. Punch, dodge, push, counter, punch, block, and punch your way to victory!
- CHOOSE YOUR STYLE – Equip FIGHT KNIGHT with energy-burning super moves called SPECIALTIES, consumable items, and a variety of gauntlets, all with various situational advantages and attributes. give FIGHT KNIGHT what you think gives an edge!
- CHALLENGING FOES – Enemies work together to ensure your demise. Enemy types all have their own particular quirks and attack patterns. Not only does FIGHT KNIGHT need to learn how to approach fighting them individually, but in large groups too!
- MEET ‘N BEAT – Enjoyable cast of characters to meet and punch along the way
The game is currently on Kickstarter and fully-funded, but there’s also a demo over on itch.io. There’s already connections being made between the game and a certain JoJo series as well, if that’s your kind of thing.
Fight Knight is set for a June 2018 release on Windows PC. If you want to back the game, head on over to its Kickstarter campaign.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!