Today’s Niche Spotlight is Endzone – A World Apart, a post-apocalyptic survival city builder by Gentlymad Studios and Assemble Entertainment.
Society has collapsed following a devastating global nuclear disaster. Over 150 years later, the last remnants of humanity have ventured out of their shelters to explore a dangerous new world.
Send your survivors out to gather whatever scraps, resources, and lost technology they can find so you can rebuild society. Expand your outpost, ensure that your citizens have everything they need to survive, and deal with catastrophes like radioactive zones and extreme weather.
You can find the launch trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
About Endzone – A World Apart
In 2021, a group of terrorists blew up nuclear power plants around the world and plunged the world into chaos. Only few were able to escape into underground facilities called “Endzones”. 150 years later, mankind returns to the surface – under your command! In an extremely hostile environment full of radioactivity, contaminated rain and extreme climate change, you’ll have to prove your worth as a leader.
- Build a settlement on the hostile surface of the earth with over 70 different buildings and take care of your men, women and children.
- Gather & refine many different resources and manage your economy by building an efficient infrastructure with streets and depositories.
- Experience dynamically simulated, believable environments! Every ground cell in the game has its own humidity and radiation values.
- Survive in a world of constant threats including radioactively contaminated ground, droughts, toxic rain, sandstorms, and raiders.
- Send expeditions to forgotten places and make meaningful decisions that change the fate of your people.
- Experience a living settlement and fulfill side missions to cater for your settlers needs.
- A variety of challenging scenarios with specific winning conditions and a distinct storyline will put your survival skills to the test.
Build & Advance
The Pursuit of Happiness
The world as we know it is gone. Build a new home for the last human survivors on earth! Give them shelter and a house. Fulfill their basic needs with steady water and food supplies, educate them, ensure their survival and help them stay motivated with over 50 different buildings.
Gather & Command
Lead the Way
As the leader of your settlement, coordinate and assign different professions and tasks. Let your people gather & refine many different resources and manage your economy by building an efficient infrastructure with streets, depositories and markets.
A Vivid World
Every ground cell in the game features dynamically simulated humidity and radiation. Watch as rain clouds irrigate your soil or prepare for constant fights against contaminated rain bringing devastating radiation to your lands.
Survive the Drought
Plan ahead & Stock-Up
The climate has changed! Prepare for recurring and agonizing droughts and plan ahead by stocking up food and water. Every cycle is a new challenge! Withstand the unstoppable sandstorm, as it destroys buildings and brings deadly radiation.
The Invisible Enemy
The invisible danger of radiation is still haunting the surface with contaminated rain. Protect your people from radiation sickness with special gear. Clean water with active coal filters, build roofs on your fields and dig up the ground as a last resort to remove radiation from your land.
The Treasure Hunt
Explore the Old World
The world is in shambles but some of the manmade fragments still remain. Send expeditions to ruins and long forgotten places and make meaningful decisions that change the fate of your people.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!