Today’s Niche Spotlight is Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights, a Souls-like Metroidvania by that recently left Early Access.
From Binary Haze Interactive, and developers Live Wire and Adglobe; the game follows Lily. She is a pure maiden, trapped in a desolate kingdom full of corruption and chaos.
Lily must team up with fallen knights, gaining access to their powers and skills so she can banish the malignant powers that have overrun the Kingdom of End; and unravel the mysteries behind this once-majestic land’s fall from grace.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights is available on Windows PC (via Steam), and Nintendo Switch for $24.99 USD, and July 6th on PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. You can expect our review soon!
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
Long ago, in the distant reaches of Land’s End, an unforeseen rainfall transformed all living things into frenzied undead monstrosities known as the Blighted. Faced with a calamity far beyond their understanding, the kingdom fell into ruin with no end to the accursed rain in sight.
Meanwhile in the remnants of this devastated land, a young woman named Lily awakens in the depths of a church…
Unravel the mystery of the kingdom destroyed by the Rain of Death. Journey through the sprawling and hauntingly beautiful Land’s End, traversing a submerged forest, a sealed-off contaminated underground cavern, and a grand castle.
Formidable bosses await that will gladly claim your life given even the slightest chance. Defeat these powerful foes and release them from their unending curse to recruit them as allies. Overcome the challenges before you and search for the truth with powerful knights at your side.
- Lead a contrasting cast of characters: a young woman joins forces with cursed knights
- Explore the vast kingdom of Land’s End and discover all its secrets
- Attack, evade, dash, and aim for victory
- Read opponents’ attacks to survive intense battles against former friends gone mad
- Acquire melee, ranged, magic, and other skills by recruiting defeated foes
- Mix and match abilities and equip hidden relics to suit your playstyle
- Take in fantastic landscapes and animations drawn in a beautiful dark fantasy style
- Immerse yourself in an atmospheric soundtrack from musical group Mili
- Uncover the mysteries of the remaining ruins and the Rain of Death in a violent world
- Determine how the story ends through your actions
- Find beauty in despair
Musical group Mili’s credits include Goblin Slayer opening “Rightfully” and other anime franchises such as Ghost in the Shell.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!