Today’s Niche Spotlight is Dwarfenstein, a blend of fast-paced FPS and tower defense by Alex Djenkov.
In Dwarfenstein, you play as a dwarf from a fallen civilization wandering across the galaxy. Bring death to the monsters and demons populating a variety of worlds as one of three angry dwarf classes, each of which have their own selection of weapons, skills, and towers.
Survive hordes of monsters, level up your dwarf, and try to find a new planet to call home in a dangerous galaxy. Dwarfenstein features a single player campaign, an endless survival mode, over 40 enemies to slay, and over 30 skills, weapons, and perks to unlock and master.
You can find a trailer below:
Dwarfenstein is available on Windows PC via Steam for $5.99.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Fight your way through countless enemy waves in this story driven mix of First Person Shooter and Tower Defense. Powered by intensive heavy metal you bring death to various creatures in different worlds. Kill, collect crystals, level-up, die and revive again. Created entirely by a one-man team over the course of four years.
You play as a dwarf, a dwarf in space to be specific. Descendant of mighty dwarf civilization that has self-destructed thousands of years ago. Lost your own planet you are now wandering through the galaxy to find your new home guided by a strange Robot.
There are 3 different worlds to play. Each of them with new enemies and secrets. After completing the campaign a Survival mode is unlocked. You play endless waves, defending your base, on predefined arena from every ACT.
- Tutorial – Learn the basics with interactive story integrated tutorial.
- Story-based Campaign – Go on adventure through the galaxy and find steal as many crystals as you can. Cut scenes may be shown and plot twists might happen.
- Survival Mode – Play alone and put your skills to the test against endless waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Over 40 Deadly Enemies – Face an army of vile new creatures like Desert Nomads, Trolls, Orcs, Demons and Robots. More than 15 different enemy types with different skills and weapons
- 3 character classes to play – Gunner, Engineer and Electrician. Every class has its own unique weapons and skills. You can switch to any class between levels.
- More than 30 Skills, Weapons, and Perks – Choose from variety of weapons, skills and active perks to help you along the journey against the hordes.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!