Today’s Spotlight is Drone Swarm, a real-time tactics game by Stillalive Studios and Astragon Entertainment.
Earth has been destroyed by an alien invasion. As the captain of the Argo, it’s your duty to travel across a hostile galaxy to find a new home for humanity. The Argo is equipped with an arsenal of 32,000 drone fighters, which can be used offensively and defensively. Draw paths to block attacks with your drones, or annihilate enemy fleets.
You can find the launch trailer below.
Drone Swarm is available on Windows PC via Steam for $24.99 USD.
You can find a rundown (via Steam) below:
You are Captain Carter controlling a swarm of 32,000 drones! Aboard the spaceship Argo you strategically deploy them to overcome any obstacle. Split the swarm to simultaneously defend your ship and attack the enemy. Develop your own tactics, creatively outsmart the enemy, and exploit the environment to destroy alien aggressors. Explore the uncharted galaxy with its many dangers on your mission to find New Earth. Evolve the swarm with new abilities and keep upgrading your mothership to overcome ever more powerful threats.
The year is 2118. Earth lays in ruins after huge swathes of it were destroyed by a massive swarm of alien drones. The psionics among the few human survivors found a way to control the drones and halt the attack. With the swarm now under human control and Earth uninhabitable, the starship Argo was built and sent out to find New Earth. You, Captain Carter, lead this mission – the swarm is yours to command!
• Control a vast swarm of 32,000 drones
• Think quick and defeat your alien opponents in fast-paced space battles
• Keep adapting your tactics to counter ever more challenging enemy fleets and loadouts
• Use and combine unique swarm abilities to efficiently defend and attack simultaneously
• Evolve your swarm and upgrade your mothership to withstand the enemy
• Journey through an expansive story campaign featuring over 100 encounters
• Use your environment to your advantage and outsmart the enemy
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!