Today’s Niche Spotlight is CryoFall, a survival sandbox colony sim by AtomicTorch Studio and Daedalic Entertainment that recently left Early Access.
Start with primitive technology, and build a sprawling colony on an ancient and forgotten planet. Scavenge for resources, research new technologies, craft weapons and vehicles, build houses and bases, and fight off dangerous extraterrestrial lifeforms. CryoFall can be played alone, cooperatively with friends, or on full PvP servers where everyone can compete and raid each other’s settlements for resources.
You can find the launch trailer below.
CryoFall is available on Windows PC via Steam for $19.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
CryoFall is a sci-fi multiplayer colony simulation survival game set on a forgotten planet in a distant future.
Join the vast world of CryoFall together with other survivors to rebuild your civilization from scratch. Start with primitive technology and simple tools and use them to progress towards modern industrial might and even beyond, eventually reaching space-age technology only seen in science fiction.
CryoFall can be played either as a relaxed PvE experience with no competition or as a brutal and unforgiving PvP. Make your choice and join one of many available servers with different game modes or host your own and invite your friends to join you!
Build your house or a large base together with other players. Dig wells and create farms to sustain basic needs. Build vehicles to explore the world faster. Establish basics of science, all the way from medicine and chemistry to fuel creation and even lithium extraction to create electronic devices. Cook food or prepare drinks to sell them from vending machines in your store.
Build factories to produce on an industrial scale: Weapons and defense systems, bionic implants to augment yourself, even large war machines and artillery guns to use against the biggest of opponents.
BUILD A HOUSE, BASE, OR A CITY!
Start with a small house and expand it as you progress through the technological stages. First into a large base, then invite other players and create an entire city full of infrastructure, industrial machines, agricultural sectors, shops, and more.
COMPLEX AGRICULTURE AND INDUSTRY
Find rare seeds and create plantations of different crops. Use them to cook a variety of foods, each providing different effects to your character. And if it isn’t your thing – build large factories instead to produce a variety of items, refine petroleum to use as fuel for your vehicles, create weapons, defense equipment, and more.
PLAYER RUN ECONOMY
Issue currency and establish trade around the map using automated vending machines that you configure to sell or buy anything, even when you are not around.
CONQUER THE PLANET
Previously a thriving colony, now a desolate land full of dangers. What happened to this planet? Explore far reaches of this world and find abandoned laboratories and factories left from the previous colonists. Cross deserts and tundras, tropical areas and swamps, oceans and volcanoes.
Build an electric grid for your base to enable complex industrial processes, defense installations, and other convenient technologies. Electricity starts with generators: steam, bioreactor, engine generator, solar, etc. Then you can store this energy in large capacitors and send it to many of your consumers from a simple induction furnace to a large psi-field projector to defend your base from intruders.
NOT SURE IF THIS GAME IS FOR YOU?
Try the complete version of the game for free for 8 hours by downloading the demo.
We are proud to offer you CryoFall to try completely free of charge because we are confident you will like it! Upgrade to full version any time if you enjoy the demo.
- Complex crafting and industry, including oil refining & lithium extraction.
- Technology progression through the ages: primitive, industrial, modern, futuristic, sci-fi.
- Farming with crop growth simulation, fertilizers, irrigation, etc. & diverse cooking options.
- Electricity system with power grid simulation. Build generators, storage structures, and electricity consumers.
- Civilian and military vehicles to explore the world faster or use in combat.
- Bionic and cybernetic implants to augment your character with new abilities or to boost stats.
- Player-driven economy with currency issuance, complex trading and automated vending machines managed by players.
- Carefully hand-crafted game world (+ map editor).
- Diverse environments with several biomes (temperate, desert, tropical, boreal, wasteland, volcanic, etc.).
- Complex character simulation with a multitude of various effects and afflictions.
- Science! Chemistry, physics, medicine, and more.
- Meaningful player interactions with complex specialization options, rather than just mindless combat.
- Official and community-hosted PvE, PvP, and modded servers.
- Feature rich map editor.
- Extensive modding capabilities, including real-time code editing and open source game code.
- In-house developed Renkei Engine™, allowing hundreds of players on the same server.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!