This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!
Today’s Spotlight is Crossroads Inn, a tavern management sim by Kraken Unleashed and Klabater.
Set in the fantasy world of Delcrys, Crossroads Inn tasks players with building and managing their own tavern. Start with the basics and gradually expand until you have the most esteemed tavern in the entire kingdom.
The game features a sandbox mode that allows you to create and tweak your dream tavern, and a campaign mode where you’ll also need to navigate the political intrigue of a kingdom in turmoil. You can check out a trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Crossroads Inn is a real-time management sim with role-playing games elements. The game consists of two unique modes offering totally different experiences.
In Sandbox mode gamers will focus solely on managing their business and economy – to build their very own tavern, hire and oversee staff, manage the supply chains and create new dish recipes. In Campaign mode, micromanagement is just a prelude to a rich story as the kingdom is in turmoil and a shift of power is expected. Your Inn will soon attract the attention of important political and military figures, who are desperately trying to hold on to the reins of power. Gamers will become part of a large-scale drama full of political intrigues, vivid characters, treacherous NPC’s and dangerous quests inspired by RPG games – You will even have a damsel in distress to save!
A List Of Features Includes:
- Real-time management sim and RPG in one!
- Two distinct game modes: an epic Campaign mode with a non-linear story (12 different endings!) and nearly endless Sandbox mode dedicated to hardcore sim fans
- A rich and detailed lore with feuding factions and powerful organizations – choose to forge alliances or work against others in an original low fantasy setting
- Once in a lifetime culinary adventure designed in cooperation with the experts from Nerds’ Kitchen! Discover recipes, create new dishes and serve varied menus to attract different social groups
- A complex tavern economy simulation with various groups of customers, special guests, unique and regular employees, dozens of resources and facilities to build and develop – all binded together with a network of reliances
- Original soundtrack composed by talented team including Marcin Przybyłowicz (The Witcher 3) and recorded with traditional folk instruments from various cultures and eras
- Expanded in-game culinary recipes along with a fully developed nutritional system created to influence relationships with different guests and fractions
- Extensive in-game editor that allows to fully modify game and to create your own campaigns, scenarios and adventures with access to all game assets
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!