Today’s Niche Spotlight is Astro Aqua Kitty, a 2D action-RPG shooter by TIKIPOD.
The Aqua Kitty cats have reached space in search of valuable gems and resources. Explore water-filled asteroids as you mine for gems and fend off space pirate rabbits. Upgrade your ship with a variety of weapons, systems, and support gadgets. Choose a combination of pilot and engineer to further customize your playstyle, unlocking new abilities as they level up.
Astro Aqua Kitty is available on Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, and Xbox One for $14.99 USD.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
The Aqua Kitty cats have launched into space in an all new Action RPG shoot-em-up adventure!
Pick your crew, then blast off to investigate mysterious water filled asteroids.
Battle bizarre enemies, mine magnificent gems, grab new weapons, install enhancing devices, and unlock your crews’ unique skills as you level up XP.
Just watch out for marauding pirate rabbits, always trying to be first to the loot!
- Select your ship crew of a Pilot and Engineer from a range of animals with unique skills to unlock
- Help out the mining cats as you both explore the increasingly dangerous asteroids.
- Mine rocks for gem crystals which can be spent in shops.
- Specialised cats can be collected to help you too! Mechanic cats can fix things like doors. Pilots can operate vehicles and turrets. Scientists can assist with more unusual tasks such as… collecting exotic pollen!
- Blast enemies to gain XP and then level UP!
- Level UP to gradually unlock crew skills, upgrade your ship, and gain access to higher level weapons and items.
- Install different weapons and devices for different situations. You can buy them in shops, enemy drops, crates and completing quests.
This game supports Joypad controllers such as Xbox and PS4 controllers. It is highly advised to play the game with a compatible Joypad.
If you’re a developer and want your game showcased on Niche Spotlight, please contact us!
This is Niche Spotlight. In this column, we regularly introduce new games to our fans, so please leave feedback and let us know if there’s a game you want us to cover!