Nearly a year after Nexon’s reveal of Project Magnum, the game has returned with a new title and upcoming beta.
Project Magnum now has the title of The First Descendent and opened signups for beta access. You can apply for the beta on the games’s Steam page, and the beta is scheduled for September 28th until October 4th.
Here’s a rundown on the closed beta:
- Pre Registeration
PST 2022.07.07 ~ (To be updated)
- Test Schedule
PST 2022.09.28 ~ 10.04 (The exact time will be announced separately.)
- Test Participation Procedures
Press the ‘Request Access’ button on The First Descendant’s Steam page during the registration period.
An email will be sent to your Steam account’s email address.
Check and accept the invitation mail.
If you have any questions regarding the Steam Beta, please contact [email protected] for additional assistance. Any questions and inquiries in English are highly recommended.
Here’s a brief rundown on the game:
Nexon’s The First Descendant
The First Descendant is a free third-person cooperative action RPG shooter featuring high-quality graphics. Experience the fun of strategic boss fights through 4-player co-op and various unique characters, exciting gunplay, and looting. A variety of equipment is necessary for growth, and you can obtain them through clearing scenario missions within the game or in the World Missions where cooperation is crucial and battles with huge bosses.
The player becomes a Descendant in the game and is given a mission to fight against the invaders for the survival of humans and to protect the ‘Ingris continent’. The player can experience a spectacular story by growing stronger through various missions and stories to finally discover the Descendants’ secret. You can also feel the First Descendant’s unique atmosphere through high-quality fields developed with Unreal Engine 5 and gain a new experience of reality and SF fantasy coexisting in one place.
- Charming and Unique Characters – You can play various characters with distinctive concepts and battle styles. We plan to add various customizable elements such as skins for each character to support character decoration.
- Exciting Battles and Dynamic Action Using Various Skills and Firearms – Experience the First Descendant’s exciting battles composed of various characters with unique skill sets, free movements, and chain actions through Grappling Hooks, colorful firearms, and additional effects. With these, the player can create any battle style they desire.
- Battles With Huge Boss Monsters Through Cooperative Play – You can target huge boss monsters with different appearances and abilities through 4 player co-op play. The various difficulties will stimulate your competitive spirit, and you can destroy or extract various parts of the huge bosses through 4-player cooperative play. By targeting the huge boss’s gimmicks, you will be able to experience a more compact team play.
- Motivating Play and Growth – You can equip a character with 3 guns, 4 secondary equipments, and various sub-weapons. Of course, there will also be items to enhance a character or their firearm stats or add a new ability all together. A variety of equipment is a necessary element for growth, and you can obtain them through clearing scenario missions within the game, or in the World Missions where cooperation is crucial and battles with huge bosses. We provide equipment so you can develop the characters to play continuously through character growth and acquiring and combining the various equipment. Use it to challenge yourself with more difficult tasks and enjoy the thrill of clearing them.