Sega and Creative Assembly have shared a new trailer for Total War: Thrones of Brittania.
Featured above, the new cinematic trailer shows off the Welsh lineage and King Anaraut. The new trailer introduces the game’s “Fame” victory condition.
Players can “emulate Anaraut’s vision” by building up a powerful and prestigious kingdom via the “Fame” metric. This can be done vie tech upgrades, wars, and even economic growth. A new blog update talks up the feature more:
- To improve the Fame of your faction, you need to construct certain buildings, research certain technologies, or have a good king. Each of these endeavours can generate Fame points, and to achieve the short and long fame victory conditions you must accumulate a bank of these points worthy of each victory level.
- Thus, for those who like to turtle and develop their factions, this victory condition ties in nicely with that approach. High level buildings and technologies in particular are likely to give the bonuses that will take you closer to a Fame victory.
- In the trailer we see King Anaraut lay out his plan for developing Gwined into a grand and prestigious Kingdom. The Welsh factions are in fact especially well placed to take advantage of the Fame victory condition. They possess a unique faction mechanic called ‘Heroism’ which can provide bonuses to their faction leaders’ influence. This can then provide a Fame bonus to the faction itself.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
The year is 878 AD, the embattled English king Alfred the Great has mounted a heroic defence at the battle of Edington, and blunted the Viking invasion. Chastened – but not yet broken – the Norse warlords have settled across Britain. For the first time in nearly 80 years, the land is in a fragile state of peace.
Throughout this sceptred isle, the kings of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales sense a time of change approaching; a time of opportunity. There will be treaties. There will be war. There will be turns of fortune that become the stuff of legend, in a saga that charts the ascent of one of history’s greatest nations.
Kings will rise. One will rule.
Thrones of Britannia is a standalone Total War game which will challenge you to re-write a critical moment in history, one that will come to define the future of modern Britain. With ten playable factions, you must build and defend a kingdom to the glory of Anglo-Saxons, Gaelic clans, Welsh tribes or Viking settlers. Forge alliances, manage burgeoning settlements, raise armies and embark on campaigns of conquest across the most detailed Total War map to date.
- Choose your strategy
The Grand Campaign offers multiple routes to a glorious Victory; aggressively expand your territory through force of arms, acquire renown through construction, advanced technology and influence, or complete a series of unique objectives based on your chosen faction’s history. Once completed, steady yourself for a significant late-game challenge and the final, Ultimate victory condition.
- Explore and conquer the British Isles
From the snowy highlands of Scotland to the orchards and meadows of Kent, push back the fog-of-war and unveil the extent of Anglo-Saxon Britain. Varied towns, cities and rural settings inspire a host of different battlefield environments. Experiment with the strategic opportunities afforded by newly capturable minor settlements. Throttle your enemies’ trade routes and coax them out of strong, defensible positions.
- Viking warlord or Anglo-Saxon king, define their legend
Each faction will face a series of unique events and branching dilemmas, often based on authentic historical events and issues of the time. Embark on Viking expeditions, manage the Anglo-Saxon peasant economy, each faction feels and plays differently. Carve out unique roles for your King and Nobles, customise their impact by making meaningful choices about their development and determine how their story will unfold.
- ‘Classic’ Total War gameplay refined
Includes many updates to core Total War mechanics – such as provinces, politics, technologies, recruitment, dilemmas and much more – designed to make your experience more immersive and more meaningful.
Total War: Thrones of Brittania is launching for Windows PC on April 19th.