Shockwork Games and Fat Dog Games have released a new trailer for their upcoming strategy game, Alder’s Blood.
Alder’s Blood is set in a grim world where humanity is under attack by monsters and ancient gods. Players control a group of Hunters as they travel across the land, forge alliances, and vanquish the dark creatures threatening mankind.
The Hunters will need to rely on stealth and traps to weaken their otherworldly foes before finishing them off with more conventional weapons. You can watch the new trailer above.
Here’s a rundown of the game:
Humanity has survived millennia and now finally has to face the End Times. The god of the past no longer protects us, no longer brings us hope or comfort. He has turned his back on us, and the world no longer obeys the Laws of Nature, such as the cycle of day and night and the ever fragile balance between humankind, animals, and plants. What’s left instead is a grim planet, plunged into half-darkness and illuminated by the light of the moon. Nature – exploited, devastated and trifled with for centuries – has finally decided to fight back by throwing hordes of monsters at the humans. This is the corrupted result of the god’s decay. People sought asylum within the walls of congested cities, but what they found there instead was just a waiting room before meeting death. The elite cast – the Hunters – is humanity’s last hope. They have been trained to hunt and kill anything that threatens the people. They’re ready to kill even their god himself if that’s the price that needs to be paid to restore peace. You are the best of your kind. You are a Hunter.
Alder’s Blood is a turn-based, tactical stealth game with a dash of strategy. Gamers take on the role of one of the Hunters – perfectly trained and highly skilled, professional monster slayers. The Hunters carefully plan their attacks, sneaking in the shadows until they can almost feel the nasty breath of the monster they set their sights on, to then strike in no time. Quick, quiet, and deadly, Hunters overcome their enemies with the use of tactics, specialized gear and dark arts. However in a one-on-one encounter even the most experienced and skilled Hunter doesn’t stand a chance when facing a beast. That is why joining forces with other Hunters and valuing tactics higher than muscles is crucial for staying alive. Because, don’t forget, these terrifying monsters can easily detect a Hunter’s presence by their scent. Be sure to monitor wind direction, avoid being noticed, and prepare deadly ambushes. Remember that hunting tools are as important as your weapons, and you should make good use of the sophisticated technology and dark artifacts you have at your disposal. But most of all remember that whatever you do, your resources will be limited, and opportunities rare. So don’t waste any of them.
- Stealth, ambush-based combat. Try to outsmart and outwit all the horrifying creatures you’ll be facing, as they are way stronger and you don’t stand a chance in a direct assault;
- Diverse, challenging opponents. From werewolves to vampires, all monsters have their unique attacks and skills and can easily see, hear, or smell you from a distance. So be careful not to reveal your position too early;
- Stamina-based characters. Cautiously manage your energy level between attacking, moving and casting spells. In the end you’re only a human and running out of energy will seriously fatigue you;
- A grim world plunged into half-darkness. In this world our god has finally turned his back on us, and his corrupt presence can change the intensity of the battlefield: from summoning monsters, through changing the weather, to transforming creatures into powerful avatars of his will;
- A vagabond’s exploration system. Travel the world, bringing your mobile base along with you. Take shelter in and manage your camp, but be wary of enemy ambushes.
- A unique fusion of dark Victorian fantasy and the Wild West. Immerse yourself in a world completely different from the one you know – a universe shaped by struggle, where mankind has not had the freedom to develop or advance any of its technology.
Alder’s Blood will be coming to Windows PC (via Steam) and Switch towards the end of the year. It will come to other consoles sometime afterwards.