Stardock Entertainment has shared a new trailer for Star Control: Origins.
Featured above, the new trailer introduces the game’s massive, living, and breathing universe. Players will be able to travel between planets and down to the surfaces of planets, where you’ll collect resources, complete objectives, and solve the mysteries of mysteries you’ll find on the surface.
Stardock also teases that the game has a sizeable universe – players will encounter pilots, stranded travelers, and possibly some dangerous things waiting in the dark reaches of space. There’s a single-player campaign where you’ll fight to protect the Earth at all costs,
Here’s a rundown on the game, via Stardock:
Explore a living galaxy filled with alien civilizations, new and exotic worlds, pulse pounding combat, and a deep, rich history that is yours to unravel!
Congratulations! You are the Captain of Earth’s very first interstellar ship. That’s good. Really good. So very good. There’s just one small problem. Barely worth mentioning but a hostile alien race known as the Scryve want to exterminate us. We need you to go find allies, discover and use these so-called Precursor relics to upgrade your ship and try to avoid getting eaten along the way so that you can save humanity. We don’t want you to feel pressure though. Just the very future of the human race rests on your shoulders.
- Interact with aliens, both malicious and absurd.
- Explore a living universe that frankly can’t believe you’re flying around in that…thing.
- Travel across exotic and amazing worlds searching for relics, Precursor artifacts, and treasures.
- Navigate through thousands of planets in a universe that has a deep history spanning back hundreds of thousands of years.
- Design your own ships or download them from Steam to build fleets and take them into combat in fleet battles!
- Create or download other universes with their own history, stars, planets, aliens, ships and adventures.
- Interact directly with the development team, post your ideas, and be part of something amazing!
Star Control: Origins will launch on September 20th of this year for Windows PC. If you’re looking to get in on the action, you can get the game here on Steam Early Access.