While details are scant, various clues on the teaser site confirm the game is being made with developer Three Rings, and will apparently launch soon in Q2 2022 across Switch, PS4, and PS5. The full reveal will come on May 26th.
PROJECT-TRITRI is reportedly a nostalgic action RPG focused on “reviving the golden age of 90s era RPGs”, but for the present era. The game’s story follows a young man that learns he is the warrior of chaos, and must embark on a journey against his cruel fate. There’s also apparently multiplayer for up to three players.
Key staff on PROJECT-TRITRI include:
- World design: Nobuteru Yuki (Trials of Mana, Chrono Cross)
- Character design: Raita Kazama (Xenoblade, Puzzle & Dragons)
- Scenario: Yura Kubota (Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default II)
- Music: Hiroki Kikuta (Secret of Mana, Trials of Mana)
- ?? Design: Atsuko Nishida, Tomohiro Kitafu, Megumi Mizutani (Pokemon series)
- Animation: Domerica
- Development: Three Rings
We’ll report on the full reveal for PROJECT-TRITRI when it comes – stay tuned.