A new Rainbow Six Siege map was released with patch Y7S1.2, its first new map in 3 years. Named Emerald Plains, the new map is located in a Northern Ireland country club and private ranch.
The new Rainbow Six Siege map features two floors and a roof that are designed specifically for the purpose of having distinct landmarks for orientation and to easily make clear call outs. Players can familiarize themselves with the new map with blueprints provided on Ubisoft’s site.
Here is a video of the new Rainbow Six Siege map:
The new Rainbow Six Siege patch also included several gameplay adjustments. Here is a rundown of those.
- Bandit can now attach multiple batteries to the same surface or device.
- Added Claymore (removed Breaching Charges).
- Gridlock now has 4 Trax canisters (from 3).
NOMAD + ORYX
- Recovery time from knock-back effects is now 1.25s (from 2s).
- Operators will now remain prone after recovering from a knock-back effect.
- Increased duration and cooldown of Glance Smart Glasses to 20s each (from 10s).
- Reduced duration of the Candelas flash to 1.4s (from 2.8s).
- Increased the number of Candelas to 4 (from 3).
- Increased the number of Claymores to 2 (from 1).
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Added Field of View slider on console (PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series S/X).
- Please note, setting the field of view above 60 may result in lower frame rate and some graphical issues.
- Removed Outback from the Newcomer playlist.
FIXED – Various Team Deathmatch issues.
FIXED – Players are not getting points for destroying drones during “Prep Phase”.
FIXED – Operators are receiving damage after being pushed through a destroyed wall by Nomad or Oryx.
FIXED – Operators affected by Capitão’s Asphyxiation Bolt still take damage after the fire disappears and Capitão exits the game.
FIXED – Montagne will retain his Ballistic shield equipped if Oryx pushes him while retracting the Shield.
FIXED – Defenders can see Jackal footprints in support mode after reconnecting.
FIXED – Various LOD issues on Emerald Plains map.
FIXED – Various LOD issues on multiple maps.
FIXED – Various Azami Kiba Barrier issues.
FIXED – Deployable gadgets get destroyed when Kapkan deploys his EDD in their proximity.
FIXED – Tachanka can kill the hostage when the Hostage Death setting is turned off.
FIXED – Various operator VFX issues.
FIXED – Various Localization issues.
FIXED – Various Customization issues.
FIXED – Various UI issues.
FIXED – Various Shop issues.
FIXED – Various Audio and SFX issues.
FIXED – Various Battle Pass issues.
FIXED – Missing blood particles when taking damage.
FIXED – Various key binding issues.
FIXED – Multiple playlist and matchmaking issues.