With the new White March expansion coming alongside a patch that added several requested features to the main game (AI Scripts being the biggest addition), Obsidian’s Pillars of Eternity was vastly different than the game that it was at launch. Regardless, work on the game continues, with a large patch being released today that aims to not only fix some of the RPG’s lingering problems, but also add a few things as well.
The 2.02 patch, which is now live on Steam and expected to become available to GOG users within a day or two, adds a new sorting method for the toolbar, GOG Galaxy achievements, and applies tweaks to The Devil of Caroc’s personal quest dialog. It also contains yet another attempt at fixing the loading time issue that seems to still exist for many users.
- Major Fixes
- GOG Galaxy achievements now work.
- A party member using a movement speed modifying item now should walk at the same speed as the rest of the party outside of combat.
- Added more optimizations for save and load.
- Fixed an issue where some players were not able to talk to the Steward of Caed Nua to start The White March quest lines.
- Fixed issues with Respec not working correctly with some edge case abilities and talents.
- Fixed some problems that were being reported with self-targeting abilities (Like Frenzy).
- Fixed problems with chanters not being able to set their chants properly after they have retrained.
A full list (Which is quite long) of the changes contained within this patch can be found on the game’s latest Kickstarter update.