During their E3 stream, Nintendo revealed a new Kirby game, being developed by HAL Laboratories, for Nintendo Switch.
No precise title was revealed, much like with the new Yoshi game which is also in development at this time. The video above shows off co-op gameplay, possibly up to four players, along with the ability to take control of up to three enemies and compel them to be your allies. Classic enemy types return, with an overall familiar feel; Nintendo seems very keen on advertising that this entry in the series will definitely be in HD.
Here are the first screenshots:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
The pink puff is back—in HD—and he’s not alone.
Kirby is back—and he’s finally on the Nintendo Switch console in HD! But this time, he’s not alone. Recruit enemies by hitting them with hearts and gather helpers for a party of up to four characters. On top of that, you can join with up to three friends for a different kind of team-up action!
- The newest Kirby title comes to the Nintendo Switch console in HD.
- Recruit up to three enemies as helpers by hitting them with hearts.
- Returning copy abilities include, Sword, Fire, Water, Bomb, Broom and many more!
- Imbue copy abilities with different elements, such as wind, water, fire and electricity, by borrowing or giving them to helpers to add more attack power, unleash powerful attacks, or solve puzzles.
- Up to 4 players can join in with the horizontal Joy-Con controller configuration, or 8 Joy-Con with 4 Joy-Con Grips.
Kirby for Nintendo Switch launches in 2018.