Publisher Warner Bros. Games and developer Player First Games have announced the next characters for MultiVersus, their crossover party brawler.
The game is adding Lebron James to its playable roster on July 26th, as the game has just launched an open beta. Rick and Morty were also confirmed at SDCC 2022, however Morty is coming first on August 9th with Rick coming sometime later.
Here’s the new character reveal trailer for Lebron:
Here’s a rundown on the November 2021-announced game:
In MultiVersus, the Multiverse is at your fingertips as you battle it out in intense 2v2 matches. Up against Batman & Shaggy? Try using Bugs Bunny & Arya Stark! This platform fighter lets you play out your fantasy matchups in a fun co-op or head-to-head fight for supremacy.
- ICONIC CHARACTERS – Choose from Harley Quinn, Tom and Jerry, Finn the Human, Wonder Woman, Steven Universe, Jake the Dog, Garnet, Superman, and an extraordinary creature named Reindog. Every fighter boasts unique abilities that pair dynamically with other characters.
- MAPS – Play on various Maps from our characters’ legendary worlds, including Batman’s Batcave and Jake and Finn’s Treefort, and more.
- CROSS-PLATFORM – Defend the Multiverse with your friends anywhere, anytime on all available platforms. This includes full cross-platform play and progression.
- MODES – Play our innovative 2v2 co-op-focused experience or the intense 1v1 and 4-Player Free For All. You can also refine your skills in training mode or put your skills to the ultimate test in Ranked Competitive. MultiVersus supports online and local play.
- CUSTOMIZATION – Every character will feature many different variants and its own customizable perk loadout that will change the way you play and how you synergize with your teammates.
- COMPETITIVE – MultiVersus boasts an intense competitive experience with dedicated servers for seamless online gameplay.
- A GROWING MULTIVERSE – MultiVersus is regularly updated with new characters, stages, modes, in-game events, variants and more.