Warner Bros. Interactive and developer NetherRealm Studios have revealed gameplay for new characters in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath.
As stated in the press release, the latest trailer shows off gameplay of Fujin, Sheeva and RoboCop. Along with their fatalities, stage fatalities are also shown off alongside the new stages; Dead Pool, Soul Chamber, Kronika’s Keep, and RetroKade. These will be coming as a free update alongside Friendships finishers.
You can find the rundown on all three characters (via press release) below.
Editor’s Note: The original press release features entirely bold text for Sheeva and RoboCop’s entries. Based on the formatting of Fujin’s entry, we have attempted to match this formatting for all three characters for easier reading.
- “Fujin is the God of Wind and serves the Elder Gods alongside his brother, Raiden, as a Protector of Earthrealm. First playable in Mortal Kombat 4, he’s adept at inspiring goodness and heroism to conquer the forces of hatred and tyranny and fights to ensure Earthrealm’s bright future. The immortal Fujin uses his sword and crossbow in combat and unleashes his powers as a God through a variety of wind-manipulating attacks to control his weapons, his movements and even his adversaries.
- Sheeva is the four-armed, half-human, half-dragon queen of Outworld’s ancient Shokan race. First playable in Mortal Kombat 3, the powerful Shokan warrior leads her people in the quest to attain their rightful place as partners in Outworld’s rule. The male Shokan once scoffed when Sheeva entered the contest to become their next leader, but after a resounding victory, she proved herself to be superior and was crowned the first queen of the Shokan. The heavy hitting, master brawler employs her grappling fighting style to take down enemies and uses her faithful shield and unblockable teleport stomp to strike fear into the hearts of anyone who might oppose her.
- RoboCop, formerly known as Alex Murphy, was a dutiful police officer who was brutally executed by a local gang. Brought back to life through OCP technology, Murphy was transformed into RoboCop, a highly advanced cybernetic police officer designed to uphold the law and protect the innocent. Now making his debut in the Mortal Kombat franchise, RoboCop has received a few upgrades and enters into battles equipped with a deadly arsenal of weapons, including his Auto 9 pistol. He also employs a flamethrower, riot shield and shoulder cannon that he can load with various types of ammunition to apprehend any Kombatants who stand in his way. RoboCop in Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath features the voice and likeness of actor Peter Weller, who portrayed the popular character in both the original ‘RoboCop‘ (1987) film and ‘RoboCop 2‘ (1990) sequel.”
You can find the Official Gameplay trailer below.
You can find the full rundown of the expansion (via the base game’s Steam page) below.
MORTAL KOMBAT 11 AFTERMATH
Experience Mortal Kombat’s first-ever major expansion. Aftermath features a brand-new cinematic story centered around trust and deceit. Fire God Liu Kang, the new keeper of time and protector of Earthrealm, looks to secure the future he envisions. In order to do so, he is forced to enlist the help of some unlikely allies and familiar foes. Players will have to decide who they can trust and who they must defeat with fate on the line. Forge a new history.
- All-New Cinematic Story
- 3 New Playable Fighters – Sheeva, Fujin and guest RoboCop
- 3 New Skin Packs, to be released over time
MORTAL KOMBAT 11 AFTERMATH PRE-PURCHASE NOW!
Purchase early and get Eternal Klash Skin Pack, featuring Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Frost.
Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath contents will be available on May 26
MK is back and better than ever in the next evolution of the iconic franchise.
The all new Custom Character Variations give you unprecedented control of your fighters to make them your own. The new graphics engine showcases every skull-shattering, eye-popping moment, bringing you so close to the fight you can feel it. Featuring a roster of new and returning Klassic Fighters, Mortal Kombat’s best-in-class cinematic story mode continues the epic saga over 25 years in the making.
The Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath expansion launches May 26th.