Atlus have released another Morgana report for Persona 5 Royal.
Without any further ado, here is the run-down on the information above (along with shorter videos from the above report, relevant to the specific segments):
- The combination attacks shown in past trailers and footage are called “Show Time.” They are unlocked when the bonds between the Phantom Thieves have deepened.
- Persona now have special effects called Traits. These traits can be passed over when fusing Personas, creating new strategies.
- While mentioned in the prior report, it is confirmed here again that special accessories can grant the use of specific skills.
- The Baton Touch mechanic has been made more powerful. By playing darts with the party members and gaining deeper bonds- you can increase your Baton Touch rank. This can grant it special effects such as higher attack power or recovering SP.
During the Q&A segment, a question asks if the orginal story of Persona 5 would have major changes in Royal. Morgana states “In Persona 5 Royal, while taking care to preserve the main story of Persona 5 without modification, an episode untold in Persona 5 will unfold.”
- The new Kichijoji area has numerous new facilities and activities, along with the aforementioned darts. These include billiards, a jazz club, a temple and more. All of these deepen the bonds between the party members and improve the protagonist’s own self-improvement. In addition, activities can have different effects, such as making Persona’s stronger and increasing your maximum SP.
- Kichijoji also has special shops. The Rag Shop lets you sell armor obtained in palaces and Mementos for money and build up point. These points can also be exchange for “something good.”
Persona 5 Royal is launching October 31st in Japan and 2020 North America, Europe, and Asia for PlayStation 4. In case you missed it, you can find our thorough written and video review for the original Persona 5 here (we highly recommend it!).