Publisher Merge Games and developer Still Running announced Morbid: The Lords of Ire, a new “horrorpunk” game for PC.
The new horror-themed action-adventure game is coming to Windows PC (via Steam) sometime in 2023. It’s a direct sequel to the pixelart game Morbid: The Seven Acolytes, but has transitioned to 3D.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
Morbid: The Lords of Ire
Even in their defeat, the Gahars never truly died. They went to slumber and bode their time, waiting patiently for their opportunity to rise.
Morbid: The Lords of Ire is the next installment to the critically acclaimed isometric souls-like ARPG “Morbid: The Seven Acolytes” featuring unnerving aesthetics, abysmal monsters, and gore galore.
BLOODY DISGUSTING COMBAT FROM A NEW PERSPECTIVE
Take on gruesome enemies in an all-new 3D perspective. Slaughter enemies with revamped weapons, equipment, blessings, progression and upgrade systems, and eviscerate everything in your path.
ADVANCED SANITY SYSTEM
Building on the sanity system from Morbid: The Seven Acolytes, the choices you make in Morbid can have a dramatic impact on the world around you. Sanity influences how enemies react to you, whilst providing specific perks based on your actions to provide a new, dynamic way to experience the world of Morbid.
EXPLORE TORTURED LANDSCAPES
Battle your way through the five worlds of Ire – disgusting horrorpunk realms populated by five unique factions, from wintry mountains to rotten cities and beyond. Eviscerate the five fallen lords of Ire and banish the Gahars.
FACE ABYSMAL HORRORS
Challenge horrific new bosses, and slice and dissect your way through optional formidable foes. More grotesque, more guts, more blood – more Morbid.
- Explore diverse environments across five unique worlds filled with optional quests and secrets to discover
- Extensive progression systems comprising skills and abilities as you level up your striver
- Loot and scavenge from ranged to melee weapons whilst exploring multiple playstyles
- Take on the five Lords of Ire alongside an array of additional formidable foes
- New and improved blessing system, offering fresh ways to build the striver you want to be