Vampire Survivors meets Rampage hybrid game Monster Run is a dark fantasy roguelike where you fight as a giant monster.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus its reveal trailer:
You embody a giant fire-breathing panther that can cut enemy soldiers to shreds with a single swipe.
To protect your forest ravaged by a greedy human empire, you’ve decided to personally destroy the imperial armies and if possible, eat the emperor alongside his nobles. They are said to be plump and tasty, and you are hungry.
Survive long enough and evolve to gain new supernatural abilities, such as poison claws or firebreathing.
As you gain new attack types, you will master nonhuman tactics to survive armies of hundreds trying to wear you down. Most of your enemies will be tiny, yet evil. The armies will be commanded by a variety of minibosses, relatively bigger & stronger beings trying to challenge your superiority.
- Fight as a giant monster against massive (human) armies
- An unprecendented & unique take on slash-em-up/bullet-heaven action
- Smart opponents use a variety of intelligent attacks & stances, not simply rushing you
- It’s a roguelike, expect your fights to be challenging and deadly (optional permadeath)
- Evolve: grow in size, get new abilities & attacks
- A single player campaign with 15+ levels
- 66+ unique enemy unit types, each with special abilities
In Monster Run, you embody a giant fire-breathing panther that can cut enemy soldiers to shreds with a single swipe.
Monster Run is set to release at some point for Microsoft Windows (through Steam).