The update will include Quests to hunt down Alatreon (the final boss of Monster Hunter Tri, which can change its element), the Frostfang Bairoth variant from August 7th to 19th (which can shoot an icy breath), and their hunter armors and weapons players can craft.
Alatreon gear utilizes its scales, granting a set bonus of elemental resistance. As your elemental resistance rises, your weapons will deal more damage of that element.
The Frostfang Bairoth gear offers a set-bonus even with one piece; Punishing Draw. This skill grants draw attacks the chance to stun foes. With three pieces the Slugger Secret skill will activate, allowing some weapons to stun enemies in situations they usually could not.
Voiced dialogue is limited due to the hindrances caused by the coronavirus pandemic. This also caused the update to be delayed.
You can find the full rundown on the update and additions below.
Main Additions / Changes
Due to the impact of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, some content in this update features limited voiced dialogue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
- Alatreon has been added. (Alatreon will be available after finishing the story of Iceborne and completing the Safi’jiiva recon assignment)
- Frostfang Barioth has been added. (Frostfang Barioth will be available in a limited-time event quest, and appears as a tempered monster)
- Added new melding options for creating analyzed special tracks.
- New decor can now be placed in your room in Seliana.
- New BGM can now be played in your room in Seliana.
- New Pendants added.
- Increased the number of Screamer Pods you obtain when combining Screamer Sacs.
- Adjusted the Steamworks reward items received when ending the mini-game with one match.
- The Raider Ride Call icon now displays on the item bar sorting screen even while you are in base.
- Added the following charms: Draw Charm III, Phoenix Charm III, Fitness Charm V
In addition, developer diary 6.0 reveals more information about the update. Along with delving into more details about the new monsters, gear, and systems, upcoming add-on content was detailed.
These include new Pendants (such as butterflies and Fulgur bugs), new room decor (based around Lynians and the Felyne Hideout), new monster figures and music.
The next Astera/Seliana seasonal event was also discussed; the Sizzling Spice Fest. Focusing on a summer and carnival theme, the gathering hub and food will receive a new look. Along with new outfits for the handler, Palicoes, Poogies, and even snowmen.
Special armor made during the event include a realistic Faux Kelbi and Aptonoth helmets, mug-shaped dual blades full of beer, layered armor that becomes your default clothing when worn, and rabbit ears.
Finally, information about the next update was shared, along with a roadmap on the official website.
A fifth free title update (version 15.00) will be launched this Fall; adding a a returning monster, Mater Rank layered Armor, and a new Astera and Seliana festival.
You can find the full roadmap and developer diary below.
Update version 14.00.00 will launch July 9th, and require 1.4 GB on PC. An optional High Resolution Texture Pack will require an additional 1 GB.
Monster Hunter World is currently available for Windows PC (via Steam), PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. In case you missed it, you can find our review for the game here. We highly recommend it! In fact we liked it so much, we named it our game of the year for 2018!
Image: Monster Hunter World: Iceborne official website