Crowsworn is planned for a release across Windows PC (via Steam), Mac, and Linux, as well as Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft consoles – however developer Mongoose Rodeo notes as we are between two console generations they can’t guarantee it’ll release on all platforms simultaneously.
Here’s a trailer showing off new the metroidvania Crowsworn:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Explore a Ruined World
A dark curse has befallen the land of Fearanndal, a once vibrant kingdom. All but the last remnants of humanity have seemingly vanished, as the world is overrun by sightless creatures of nightmare.
Explore a large interconnected world as you fight against hordes of monsters that roam the forsaken lands. Uncover secrets and unlock new abilities that enhance your arsenal of deadly weapons and powers. Venture forth to lift the ancient curse and unravel the mystery behind its origins, as you attempt to discover the truth and realize your salvation.
- Spandex-tight controls.
- Stylish combat with over-the-top exhilarating combos.
- Explore a giant interconnected world riddled with monsters, men, and machines.
- Discover new abilities and upgrades, each further expanding the limits of exploration in the world.
- Equip and customize rune arrangements with an interconnected system allowing for a wide array of personalized configurations.
- More than 120 unique enemies!
- More than 30 unique boss encounters!
- A deep and compelling story, delivered in souls-like fashion.
- Challenging AI to really keep you on your toes!
- Over a dozen unique side quests for those keen on deep-diving into the lore!
- Hand drawn 2D high-frame-count traditional animation style.
- A badass original soundtrack, composed by J.J. Ipsen.