Assemble Entertainment have announced Itorah, an action-platformer inspired by Mesoamerican culture and folklore by Grimbart Tales.
The game is set in the enchanted world of Nahucan, a land inhabited by masked beings. You play as Itorah, the only human in this strange world, and must embark on a quest to cure a cursed plague. Explore hand-painted environments as you dispatch enemies, solve puzzles, and unravel Nahucan’s secrets.
You can find the announcement trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below:
YOU ARE THE ONLY HUMAN LEFT IN A WORLD FULL OF MASKS
Guide Itorah through a fantastic world inhabited by strange masked beings.
She seems to be the only human left, facing the challenge of making her way across a cursed world.
Along the winding roots of the world tree she fights her way through forests, caves, temples and mountain ranges.
Explore Nahucan and fight against evil foes in order to save this world from a mysterious plague.
- Hand-Crafted Quality: Explore a beautifully realized world inspired by South and Central American landscapes, each lovingly hand-painted by the development team to breathe life into the world of Nahucan
- Moves like Jagger: Enjoy a staggering 200+ animations that truly bring Itorah and her amazing range of abilities to life in the hands of players
- Make Friends Along the Way: As the old saying goes, the “real treasure is the friends make along the way,” and Itorah will need to take advantage of her new friends and allies to help her defeat the great evil threatening the land
- Challenging bossfights: Face Nahucan’s voracious fauna and imposing boss fights
- Good ol’ Fashioned Platforming: When she isn’t hacking and slashing her way across the landscape, Itorah will need to keep her jumping and dodging skills as sharp as her axe as she conquers progressively more difficult puzzles and platforming sections
- Unravel the Mystery: Is Itorah the only human left, and if so, what happened to everyone else? Get to the bottom of the mystery with plenty of exciting twists and turns along the way as the brave young warrior battles her way through lush forests, ancient temples, and more on her quest to save Nahucan
Itorah launches 2021 for Windows PC via Steam.