MEG 9: Lost Echoes is a new game by Skunkwerks Kinetic, and acclaimed cyberpunk and science fiction author William Gibson. Yes, you read that right – the William Gibson that penned Neuromancer, Burning Chrome, and more.
Featured above, you can view the debut trailer for the game, which is currently up on Steam Greenlight. The games puts you into the hostile environment of the Probability Aperture, where a high-tech research facility named the Horizon has vanished from the grid.
You’ll be in control of the Rig, a giant 10-ton remote-operated vehicle that is outfitted with the latest in military technology and hardware – your goal is to discover the secrets within the walls of the Horizon. Described as a “brand new world of tactical-action,” MEG 9: Lost Echoes is being developed in collaboration with William Gibson himself.
Here are some of the key features for the game:
Expansive Game World
- Within the walls of Horizon, a mystery lies hidden. Explore large facilities, beautiful oases, labyrinthine tunnels, and vast deserts in your search for the truth.Narrative-Driven Campaign
- Compelling single-player campaign within a unique new universe created with William Gibson, author of Neuromancer and The Peripheral.Tactical Gameplay
- The Rig is not indestructible: battles need to be chosen wisely, and fought intelligently. Choose an effective loadout, build defensive structures with MEG, and apply enhancing components to increase your chances of survival.In-Depth Upgrade Systems
- Customize and upgrade your Rig, weapons, defences, and MEG to suit your own playstyle, and prepare to face an unpredictable and relentless enemy, driven by an insatiable hunger.
- Your only ally in the Aperture, MEG 9, is also your most valuable asset. MEG can collect parts to build deployable units, retrieve artifacts, and hack into various terminals within Horizon.
You can find the official website for MEG 9: Lost Echoes here. The game is reportedly getting a pre-alpha release some time later this year.