Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Torus Games have announced new tennis simulation game Matchpoint: Tennis Championships for PC and consoles.
Matchpoint: Tennis Championships is coming to Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 sometime this spring.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Matchpoint: Tennis Championships is a modern take on tennis, featuring a true-to-life on-court experience supported by a deep career mode and unique rivalry system. The game places a strong focus on tactical realism, positioning and aiming, allowing the player to move their superstar in exactly the right way to get the most out of their shots. Matchpoint: Tennis Championships combines slick character animations, authentic ball physics and enhanced player control to replicate the realistic rhythm of the game – every swing and hit feeling unique and satisfying
- Start your journey in single-player or online multiplayer – A deep career mode featuring a merit-based ranking system, allows for accurate and competitive matchmaking.
- Create your own 3D tennis star – Choose your look, fashion and play style with an array of customization options including true to life techniques such as left-or right-handed, one-handed or two-handed backhand.
- Fully customize your athlete and wearables – From rackets to clothing, the game features gear from all of tennis’ name-brands including Babolat, YONEX, HEAD, and many more. Unlock special equipment by winning competitive matches.
- Dominate the court as a tennis professional. – Matchpoint: Tennis Championships features 16 real-life international tennis stars from the professional circuit, including Nick Kyrgios, Kei Nishikori, and Amanda Anisimova.
- Master all strokes and shots in grand style – Determine the outcome of a rally by choosing the best technique for the time: top spin, flat, lob or slice shot.
- Take on opponents in local or online matches – Play against a cunning AI or face your friends and rivals on the court via local sessions and online cross-play.
- Study your rival’s moves and tactics – Watch your opponents and get to know their strengths and weaknesses to gain a tactical advantage before you even hit the court.
- Practice makes perfect – Hire a personal coach to hone your skills. Buff your strengths and diminish your weaknesses with an in-game coaching system of individual training modules.
- Fine-tune your tactics in Practice and Mini-Game modes – Jump into a variety of training sessions to hone your perfect game and become a force to be reckoned with on the court.
- Compete in exhibition matches at spectacular venues around the globe – Each court has its own characteristics; study your arenas of play and adapt your game to grass, clay and hard courts.
- Replay mode – Breakpoint or deciding match point, capture your fiercest rallies on film and study the outcomes to improve your game.