Publisher Spike Chunsoft and developer Too Kyo Games announced Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE has topped 300,000 copies shipped and sold.
As the game is story-focused and has been out for a bit now (check out our review here!), both companies have loosened up restrictions on user-made content – you can now post content up to chapter 2.
Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE was launced on June 30th, for Nintendo Switch.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Yuma, an amnesiac detective-in-training, and Shinigami, the spirit haunting him, tackle unsolved mysteries! A brand new lucid-noir detective adventure game from the minds behind the Danganronpa series.
Kanai Ward – the city of rain – is gripped by innumerable unsolved mysteries, under the complete control of Amaterasu Corporation.
Master Detectives of the World Detective Organization, a group dedicated to eradicating the world’s unsolved mysteries, rise to the challenge of uncovering the truth.
Yuma and Shinigami must work alongside the Master Detectives to solve unsolved cases.
Progress the story by conducting investigations in the real world, gathering clues needed to solve the case, then using those clues to conquer the Mystery Labyrinth. In the Mystery Labyrinth, the goal is to use the evidence collected during an investigation to reach the truth.
- Investigation – Take control of Yuma and explore Kanai Ward. Talk with people in the city, investigate crime scenes and collect Solution Keys that can be used as evidence.
- Forensic Forte – The Master Detectives investigating together with Yuma have special abilities. Forensic Fortes such as Postcognition and Disguise can be utilized to find hidden evidence and testimonies.
- Mystery Labyrinth – As the investigation progresses, the Mystery Labyrinth will appear, a realm where the mysteries of a case materialize. The mysteries will take shape as various gimmicks and traps. Confront it with the Solution Keys that have been collected.
- Reasoning Death Match – In the Mystery Labyrinth, Mystery Phantoms will appear to prevent Yuma from getting to the heart of a case. Fight back in simple yet exciting action sequences, and slash through them with the Solution Blade to reach the truth.
- Elements Other than the Main Story – Collect Memory Shards hidden around Kanai Ward to watch episodes featuring Yuma and the other detectives, and enjoy different stories outside the main story by helping people in need through subquests.