Nintendo has announced a release date for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s final batch of downloadable content for the racing game.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 6 is launching on November 9th.
Here’s a rundown on the new content, plus a trailer:
Wave 6 features the Acorn Cup and the Spiny Cup, which add eight memorable courses from the Super NES™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™, Nintendo 3DS™ and Mario Kart Tour games. Each course can be played locally** or online.*** Cups are divided as follows:
- Acorn Cup
- Tour Rome Avanti – Ciao! Zip around the Eternal City and navigate historic landmarks as you dash beneath the moonlight in this city course from Mario Kart Tour.
- GCN DK Mountain – There’s a rumble in the jungle! Keep your cool as you wind up and down a volcano, dodge falling boulders and speed over swaying bridges in this wild raceway.
- Wii Daisy Circuit – Take the scenic route through a seaside resort at sunset and loop around Princess Daisy and Luigi fountains in this idyllic course originating from Mario Kart Wii, but don’t stop to smell the flowers for too long!
- Piranha Plant Cove – Ride among the reefs and ruins as you discover what lies beneath the waves in an underwater race filled with twists, turns, Thwomps and other obstacles!
- Spiny Cup
- Tour Madrid Drive – Take to the streets of Spain in this lively city course inspired by Madrid. Hit the gas but watch out for any pesky soccer balls on the field that may come between you and your goal!
- 3DS Rosalina’s Ice World – Bundle up for an icy excursion and try not to slip up as you weave through icicles, snowy caves and frigid waters in a course that draws inspiration from the Super Mario Galaxy™ game!
- SNES Bowser Castle 3 – Want to prove who really rules the road? Crank up the heat as you drive, drift and glide over pools of lava in Bowser’s signature castle from the Super Mario Kart game.
- Wii Rainbow Road – Race through space and soar among the stars on a twisty, prismatic path. This colorful and dynamic course is known for removing the guardrails, so make sure you stay on track!
Plus, more familiar faces will be added to the roster of racers! The peanut-popping powerhouse Diddy Kong, who made his karting debut in the Mario Kart: Double Dash™!! game, and the bodacious Funky Kong, from the Mario Kart Wii game, are here and ready to peel off from the pack and take first place! But that’s not all – Pauline and Peachette are also heading up to the starting line to reprise their racing roles from the Mario Kart Tour game!
Need another boost? Players with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass will also receive 16 additional Mii Racing Suits, with a bonus Daisy Racing Suit obtainable by scanning any Daisy amiibo! Don’t forget to crank up the tunes, too – the new Music Player feature**** rolling out on Nov. 9 will allow all Mario Kart 8 Deluxe players to listen to music from each course, so you can bop along to your favorite beats during any pit stop.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been available for Nintendo Switch.