Publisher Playism and developer OHBADO announced MaguSphere: Magical Cannon Girls launches in 2022 for PC and consoles.
While MaguSphere: Magical Cannon Girls launches in 2022 for PC (via Steam) and consoles, specific consoles weren’t confirmed. The game was originally announced for PC and PlayStation 4 back in 2019, so it’s likely to come to more platforms.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
DEFINITELY Not Your Average “Magical Girls”!
Here comes an “anime-ified”, Musou-style, Full Break-y TPS combining the themes of “Magical Girls” + “Military” + “Destruction”! “Magical Cannon Girls” are, well, girls with magical cannons, which are magically deformed versions of real-life weapons.
Take on the role of a Magical Cannon Girl who – despite her cute and cuddly appearance – is actually capable of utterly obliterating (or “Full-Breaking”, if you prefer) not only her enemies, but pretty much the entire city.
So get ready to transform and bask in the exhilaration of overwhelming destruction and clever strategy with high firepower, wide-scale civic destruction, and enemy-whooping.
In the near future, a huge ring suddenly appears on the moon. From this ring emerge mysterious beings known as “Gremlins”, who use copies of humankind’s most powerful weapons to begin their invasion of Earth.“Hoka” – a girl bestowed with the power of the Magical Cannon – encounters the Gremlins, as well as a mysterious young girl who seems to control them. Just what is the Magical Cannon? And just what is up with these Gremlins and this mysterious young girl?
Will Hoka & co. be able to bring peace and happiness back to Earth? Or will they – and the world at large – end up completely destroyed…?!
- All enemies AND buildings can be destroyed with the “Full Break” system – which is actually a crucial strategic element!
- Revel in the exhilaration of Magical Cannon Girls “transforming” and unleashing ridiculously overwhelming firepower!
- Enjoy the classic “Magical Girl” anime style – but with full-on hardcore artillery!
- “Just breaking stuff” is absolutely OK and fun as hell! Virtually everything is destroyable in this Japanese anime-style city!
- A huge number of enemies made from and incorporating real-life weapons! The exhilaration of beating them down is unmatched!