EA Sports has officially announced Madden NFL 19.
The latest in their football franchise is set for an August 10th release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Wide receiver Terrell Owens of San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles, and Dallas Cowboys fame (featured above) is the cover star for the game.
Alongside the standard version of the game is the $80 “Hall of Fame Edition,” which includes three-day early access (August 7th) to the game, 12 gold team fantasy packs, an elite legends player (like Owens or Dan Marino), and more.
Here’s a look at the regular box art alongside the Hall of Fame Edition:
Here’s the first screenshots of the game:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Achieve your gridiron greatness in Madden NFL 19 with more precision and control to win in all the ways you play. Prove your on-field stick-skills with more control over every step, in game-changing moments through the introduction of Real Player Motion. Take control over how you build your dynasty powered by all-new strategic team building tools and the first ever custom draft class creator in Franchise. Dominate the competition with all new ways to build and progress your NFL stars from the past and present in Ultimate Team.
- Authentic NFL Experience – Whether you’re trying to build the perfect franchise or beat your biggest rival it’s all about your decisions and claiming bragging rights.
- The Ultimate Challenge – Madden Ultimate team is back with more content and challenges to push your fantasy roster to Hall-of-Fame status.
- Control Your Dynasty – Make a mark on your Connected Franchise as Madden NFL 19 offers players unparalleled control over their team.
Real Player Motion:
Built from the ground up, Real Player Motion transforms the way you play Madden delivering game-changing control and precision on the field. Realistic character movements provide smooth, immersive animations for adaptive and believable player motion while animation variety creates authentic movement unique to positions and body types. Your favorite players become true-to-life from snap to whistle.
All-New Gameplay Concepts:
- One-Cut: control your ball carrier to change direction, avoid the tackle, and accelerate toward the end zone.
- Hit the Hole: allows your ball carrier to find the open lane, maneuver around your opponent, and seamlessly run through the lane for extra yardage.
- Push the Pile: Power through defenders at the line of scrimmage for that critical inch to get a first down or touchdown.
- Zone Coverage AI: Authentic NFL zone coverage principles better equip defenders with necessary intelligence and techniques to counter offenses more effectively.
- Signature Styles: NFL Superstars move and react like their real-life counterparts showcasing their unique personality and mannerisms in game.
- User-Controlled Celebrations: Celebrate your way with a full collection of fan-favorite signature celebrations and bring the swagger of today’s NFL.
Control your scheme and develop players all the way to the Super Bowl! Strategy is key in your decisions as you take complete control over how you build your dynasty with three all-new franchise-building concepts. Design your team by selecting authentic offensive and defensive schemes then train, develop, and/or acquire players that fit your scheme using all-new positional archetypes. See your championship scheme come to life as you lead your team to multiple Super Bowls!