A Lost Eidolons playable demo is now available for PC via Steam, indie developer Ocean Drive Studio has announced.
While the new Lost Eidolons playable demo is now available for PC, the Steam Fest 2021 demo is only available until June 22 – so make sure to try out the game while the demo is available.
Here’s a rundown on the game, via its Steam page:
Engineer your victories in a bid to reclaim a war-ravaged empire
Lost Eidolons is a strategy turn-based RPG set in a western fantasy world called Artemesia. Cycle between the tactical turn-based grid combat and an out-game unit management system to prepare, outwit, and prevail in each of the sequences and discover the outcome of the revolution.
Eden is a reputable mercenary in his hometown of Lonetta. When an aristocratic conspiracy causes his fall from grace, he is left with no choice but to follow the machinations of fate that will engross him into a ploy to overthrow the conquering Emperor, Ludivictus. A journey riddled with moral dilemma, bitter farewells, and emotional betrayal; Eden’s journey will force him to discover who he really is on this grand stage.
- Strategic turn-based tactical combat – Leverage the terrain and careful positioning to execute synergistic effects, and the unique strengths of your army’s composition to deal with any enemy encounter. How you employ your strategy allows you to minimalize casualties on the battlefield.
- In-depth character customization – Unlock new equipment, discover over a dozen unique combat classes, and arm your units with a varied selection of skills and spells that will help them seize victory.
- Deepen allied bonds – Take time to strengthen the resolve of allies and see this effort yield powerful results on the battlefield. Leverage affinity with visiting NPCs in the camp to recruit over 30+ potential new fighters to your army.
- A carefully crafted classic story revolving around the bonds formed between comrades struggling for freedom in a continent marred by war and political turmoil, along with a backstory that is influenced by the mythos of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations.
- Beautifully orchestrated original soundtrack by the talented composer Clark Aboud, the brilliant mind behind the score of memorable games such as Slay the Spire and Factory Town.
Lost Eidolons is launching for Windows PC via Early Access (via Steam) sometime in Q4 2021, with a full release planned for sometime by Q4 2022, with an Xbox release planned as well.