Publisher Square Enix and developer Deck Nine Games have shared the Life is Strange: True Colors opening scene.
The Life is Strange: True Colors opening scene shows off protagonist Alex Chen as she talks with her social worker and recollects her time in foster care, as well as the hopes for her future.
Here’s the opening video:
As covered in our previous coverage, Life is Strange: True Colors drops the episodic release of the previous titles, so the entire game will be launched at release – you can read more about that here.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
A bold new era of the award-winning Life is Strange begins, with an all-new playable lead character and a thrilling mystery to solve!
Alex Chen has long suppressed her ‘curse’: the supernatural ability to experience, absorb and manipulate the strong emotions of others, which she sees as blazing, colored auras.
When her brother dies in a so-called accident, Alex must embrace her volatile power to find the truth – and uncover the dark secrets buried by a small town.
- THE TRUTH WILL HURT – Discover the shocking secrets behind your brother’s death in an emotional roller-coaster of an adventure.
- FEEL EVERYTHING – Change fate and change lives with the psychic power of Empathy.
- FORGE DEEP RELATIONSHIPS – Build trust with the townsfolk – and embrace friendship or romance with Ryan and Steph.
- A TRULY PERSONAL STORY – Make tough decisions and choose your own future. Freely roam the streets, stores, and hidden spaces of Haven Springs and meet unforgettable characters.
- FIND YOUR VOICE – And decide Alex’s style, with up to 24 outfits in your wardrobe.
- EXCLUSIVE SOUNDTRACK – New tracks by mxmtoon and Novo Amor, and extensive licensed songs including Radiohead, Phoebe Bridgers, Gabrielle Aplin, and more
Life is Strange: True Colors is launching across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox One, Xbox Series X+S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Stadia on September 10th.