Lies of P is available now on Xbox Game Pass, a full day before its official release on September 19.
Xbox Games executive Aaron Greenberg announced the sudden release with an impromptu Tweet, surprising waiting players.
Users who have an Xbox Game Pass subscription can already begin playing right this second. You can find the game here.
Lies of P is a “Souls-like” RPG inspired loosely by the story of Pinnochio. Here’s a rundown on the game:
Lies of P
You wake up at an abandoned train station in Krat, a city overwhelmed by madness and bloodlust. In front of you lies a single note that reads: “Find Mr. Geppetto. He’s here in the city.”
Play as Pinocchio, a puppet mechanoid, and fight through everything in your path to find this mystery person. But don’t expect any help along the way and don’t make the mistake of trusting anyone. You must always lie to others if you hope to become human.
Inspired by the familiar story of Pinocchio, Lies of P is an action souls-like game set in a cruel, dark Belle Époque world. All of humanity is lost in a once beautiful city that has now become a living hell filled with unspeakable horrors. Lies of P offers an elegant world filled with tension, a deep combat system and a gripping story. Guide Pinocchio and experience his unrelenting journey to become human.
- A Dark Fairytale Retold – The timeless tale of Pinocchio has been reimagined with dark and striking visuals. Set in the fallen city of Krat, Pinocchio desperately fights to become human against all odds.
- Visual Concept – The city of Krat was inspired by the Belle Époque Era in Europe (late 19th Century to the early 20th Century) and is the epitome of a collapsed city bereft of prosperity.
- ‘Lying’ Quests and Multiple Endings – Experience interconnected procedural quests that play out depending on how you lie. These choices will then affect how the story ends.
- Weapon-Making System – You can combine weapons in a multitude of ways to create something new altogether. Research to find the best combinations and make something truly special.
- Special Skill System – With Pinocchio being a doll, you can change parts of his body to gain new skills and hopefully an edge in battle. But not all of the enhancements are for fighting though, they can also provide several other unique and useful features.
You can check out our review here, we recommend it!