LEGO is releasing a construction kit of Japan’s famous Himeji Castle that clocks in at over 2000 pieces.
Himeji Castle is one of the most recognizable landmarks in Japan. The castle sits in Hyogo Prefecture in the city of Himeji. It was first built in 1300 as a fort and was expanded and renovated multiple times over its 500+ years of active use.
The castle has passed hands through multiple famous Japanese families including the Ikeda family, Honda family, and others.
You can read the details of the construction kit below:
Celebrate the longevity and majestic beauty of one of Japan’s most revered buildings with this LEGO® Architecture Himeji Castle display model (21060). Be transported to the city of Himeji without leaving home as you recreate authentic details such as the castle’s turrets, walkways and asymmetric walls in LEGO style. Lift off the top of the main building to view a simplified interpretation of the interior layout.
A build for all seasons
This model focuses on the upper level of the castle’s massive grounds and includes 4 buildable cherry trees, 2 with green foliage and 2 with pink blossoms, to show the gardens in full springtime bloom. Find step-by-step instructions in the box and on the LEGO Builder app to guide your immersive, creative experience.
This brick-built collectible is part of a range of LEGO Architecture sets for adults who enjoy creative activities. It makes a super treat for yourself and a wonderful LEGO gift for any lover of architecture, Japanese history or travel.
- LEGO® Architecture Himeji Castle building set for adults (21060) – Build mindfulness. Build history. Build a LEGO brick model of Japan’s largest castle in your own home
- Authentic details – Recreate the castle’s distinctive features such as its turrets and walkways. Lift off the top of the main building to view the simplified interior layout
- Choose your season – The model features a LEGO® brick interpretation of the surrounding gardens, including 4 buildable cherry trees, 2 with green foliage and 2 with pink cherry blossoms
- Gift idea – Treat yourself or give this buildable model to a creative friend who has visited or dreams of visiting Himeji Castle or is simply a lover of architecture, Japanese history or travel
- Build and display – Measuring over 7.5 in. (19 cm) high, 12.5 in. (32 cm) wide and 10.5 in. (27 cm) deep
- Creative construction – This 2,125-piece model kit is designed to offer an immersive, challenging build that leaves you feeling refreshed and with a rewarding sense of achievement
- Step-by-step guide – Find building instructions on the LEGO® Builder app and in the included booklet, which also features fun Himeji Castle facts and an interview with the LEGO designer of this model
- Collectible LEGO® sets for adults – This LEGO Architecture castle model kit is part of a collection of premium-quality building sets for adults like you who enjoy hands-on, DIY activities
- Quality assurance – LEGO® building bricks meet demanding industry standards to ensure that they connect simply and strongly
- Safety first – LEGO® components are dropped, heated, crushed, twisted and analyzed to make sure that they comply with strict global safety standards
The kit will be available for sale when it releases on August 1.