Grinding Gear Games has released the Legion expansion for Path of Exile.
The latest expansion for their free-to-play action RPG is available now for Windows PC, and will launch on June 10th for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Featured above, you can view a new trailer for the expansion.
Here’s a rundown on the expansion:
Trapped for thousands of years in the Domain of Timeless Conflict, Wraeclast’s mightiest military leaders have been fighting an eternal war. In Path of Exile: Legion, you’ll set free their legions and battle them to earn valuable rewards.
Additionally in this latest expansion, Grinding Gear Games has created an entirely new melee combat experience. All melee attacks now hit multiple enemies, and all movement skills are now instant, with additional movement and dodging skills added to various classes.
Legion also introduces a few new character archtypes: the Blood and Sand Gladiator and the Rage Berserker. The Blood and Sand Gladiator can switch between Blood Stance and Sand Stance – Blood causing massive damage to multiple enemies at once and Sand providing the character with better defense. The new Rage Berserker introduces skills that generate or consume rage with certain attacks improving movement speed and attack damage.
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode