Did you know you can get one of the best shields in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom super early in the game?
The Hylian Shield has a whopping 90 defense, but there’s only one of them in the entire game. This shield can get you through tough boss fights or you can use it as a crutch to blow through parts of the early game while you build an arsenal of other tools.
Finding the Hylian Shield
- First you’ll want to travel to the northern part of the Hyrule Castle moat. You’ll want to stand on the cliffs overlooking Hyrule Castle.
- Use your glider to glide to the northmost building of Hyrule Castle. You should land on a platform along the outer wall.
- Once you’re there, go west and look down until you spot a cave and a hidden dock. This is where we want to be. (You can access this area with a boat, but the glider technique allows you to get here earlier).
- Enter the caves and watch out for enemies, there should be a Gloom Hands that you should be able to avoid.
- You’ll soon come across a large chamber with an unlit brazier. Light the brazier by any means available to you and a chest will spawn in the center.
- Open the chest and claim the Hylian Shield!
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is now available for the Nintendo Switch.