League of Legends announced a new virtual band called “Heartsteel”, offering a male counterpart to the popular K/DA girl group.
Heartsteel is named for the new mythic item in the game and also a play on words since it’s a boy band (as in stealing your heart, get it?).
The band features:
- Ezreal (Vocalist)
- Kayn (Rapper, Instrumentalist)
- Aphelios (Instrumentalist, Songwriter)
- Yone (Producer)
- K’Sante (Co-Leader, Vocalist)
- Sett (Co-Leader, Rapper)
Heartsteel is the latest virtual band from Riot Games Music (RGM) which has previously made virtual bands with League of Legends characters in the past. The first “Pentakill” was initially just a series of themed skins. The whole idea of virtual bands for Riot took off with the popularity of KDA fashioned after K-Pop groups.
You can read more about Heartsteel from the official press release below, including how they’re teaming up with real world musicians to bring the group to life:
HEARTSTEEL will feature collaborations with renowned musical artists from a variety of genres: BAEKHYUN as Ezreal, ØZI as Sett, Tobi Lou as K’Sante and Cal Scruby as Kayn.
● BAEKHYUN is a member of the K-pop group EXO and SuperM, and is recognized as one of the top vocalists in K-pop. His previous credits include three successful mini-albums (City Lights, Delight, and Bambi) as a soloist, as well as various standalone singles and OSTs. Particularly noteworthy is his global popularity, marked by achieving his 9th million-seller record, encompassing both group and solo albums.
● Cal Scruby is a Los Angeles based rapper best-known for his clever lyrics and quirky visuals. His music touches on relatable topics with an array of sports references and self-deprecating humor. In addition to Riot, he has previously partnered with top brands including the NFL, EA Sports, and Ciroc Vodka.
● Born in Los Angeles and raised in Taipei, ØZI rose to stardom through his illustrious career in the Mandarin music scene. His versatility as a singer-songwriter, music producer, performer, and creative director has earned him countless accolades in the industry. His debut album “ØZI: The Album” was recognized with six nominations at the prestigious Golden Melody Awards, the highest honors in Mandarin music, and he was also awarded “Best New Artist.”
● Tobi Lou is a multi-talented artist who has made a significant impact on the contemporary music scene. Born in Nigeria but raised in Chicago, Lou has carved out a unique lane for himself, where he fuses elements of hip-hop, R&B and pop with undeniable melodies. His breakout single, “Buff Baby,” garnered him significant attention and positioned Lou as an artist to watch.
Heartsteel’s first music video “PARANOIA” is set to release on the official League of Legends YouTube channel on October 23.
Riot Games has been wholly owned by Chinese corporation Tencent since 2015.