Co-developers Bloober Team and Anshar Studios have shared a new block of gameplay for their new Layers of Fear game.
The new 10+ minute gameplay walkthrough shows off the new entry in their horror series and its visual upgrades as an Unreal Engine 5 title. Namely, you can expect: Ray Tracing, HDR and 4K resolution, and using the Lumen system for superb graphical fidelity.
“Layers of Fear (2023) is a tribute to our fans,” Bloober Team said in a press release. “The game has shaped the way in which we strive to make the best horror experiences possible, and we’re hopeful that our community will enjoy what we consider to be the series’ crowning work.” Prepare to make peace with the unknown as you delve into the twisted and eerie stories of three obsession-driven artists in this first-person psychedelic horror game.
Here’s a rundown on the game, plus the new gameplay:
The canvas awaits its final brushstrokes. The stage calls for its lead actor. The novel needs its final chapter. It’s time to face your fears. One. Last. Time.
The series that defined narrative-focused first-person psychological horror is back to tell its last spine-chilling story with Layers of Fear. The series’ crowning work is the definitive way to experience the critically acclaimed franchise as it features Layers of Fear and Layers of Fear 2, as well as all DLCs (including the new ‘The Final Note’ DLC that will give you a new perspective on the Layers of Fear storyline) and the never-before-told story of The Writer, which will tie everything together. Built on Unreal Engine 5, Layers of Fear supports Ray Tracing, HDR and 4K resolution to make the stunning visuals, and your nightmarish experience, as immersive and realistic as possible.
- Explore unsettling environments and solve strange puzzles to unveil the narrative at the heart of this first-person psychological horror experience.
- Three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor and The Writer) which are interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline.
- Everything in the Layers of Fear series, including all DLCs, so you can find the answers you want.
- New brand-new core mechanics that will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel, as well as additional features, so all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly.
- Rebuilt from the ground up in Unreal Engine 5, Layers of Fear supports Ray Tracing, HDR and 4K resolution to make the visuals as realistic as possible.
- The new Lumen system offers the most immersive and visceral horror experience.
- A hauntingly beautiful soundtrack by the highly acclaimed and award-winning composer, Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat.
Layers of Fear is set to launch sometime in June across Windows PC (via Steam), Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5.