Marvel’s Avengers, the big superhero action game from publisher Square Enix and developer Crystal Dynamics, has received a hefty patch soon after its release – and it addresses a number of issues.
The new update reportedly addresses “over 1000 issues” and includes “improvements across the board.” The patch is now live for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. In case you missed it, you can find our very thorough review for Marvel’s Avengers here.
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Assemble your team of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, embrace your powers, and live your Super Hero dreams.
Marvel’s Avengers is an epic, third-person, action-adventure game that combines an original, cinematic story with single-player and co-operative gameplay*. Assemble into a team of up to four players online, master extraordinary abilities, customize a growing roster of Heroes, and defend the Earth from escalating threats.
Play an Original Avengers Story
Marvel’s Avengers begins at A-Day, where Captain America, Iron Man, the Hulk, Black Widow, and Thor are unveiling a new, hi-tech Avengers Headquarters in San Francisco. The celebration turns deadly when a mysterious enemy causes a catastrophic accident which results in massive devastation. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all Super Heroes outlawed and the world in peril, a sprawling adventure ignites when a determined young woman named Kamala Khan sets out to reassemble and rebuild the Avengers to stop the unchecked power of the secretive new force known as AIM.
Marvel’s Avengers continues the epic journey with new Heroes and new narrative delivered on an ongoing basis, for the definitive Avengers gaming experience.
Embrace Your Powers
- Progress through the single player campaign to rebuild your Hero roster and restore their powers; then continue to battle AIM solo or online with friends.
- Unlock powerful skills and new gear for each of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes to suit your playstyle.
- Customize these iconic Heroes with classic, fan-favorite, and all-new original outfits inspired by over 80 years of Marvel history.
- Flexible combat system, dynamically scaling difficulty, plus customizable gear and skills to support unique playstyles for each Hero.
- Using a reclaimed helicarrier as a base of operations, players launch Hero Missions (single-player) and Warzone Missions (single-player or co-op) in hotspots around the globe.
- Up to four players assemble online to defend the Earth from escalating threats that only the Avengers can overcome.
- The narrative will unfold over multiple years, with every new Super Hero and region delivered at no additional cost.
Marvel’s Avengers is now available for Windows PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia. It launches sometime this holiday for PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X.