Publisher Headup Games and developer Brainwash Gang have announced a release date for Laika: Aged Through Blood, their new “motorvania” game.
Laika: Aged Through Blood is launching on October 19th for Windows PC (via Steam). Console ports are planned for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Switch, PS4, and PS5 sometime later.
Here’s a rundown on the previously announced game, plus a new trailer:
Laika: Aged Through Blood is a western-inspired motorvania set in a post-apocalyptic desert. It is the stroy about a tribe oppressed by occupant forces, and the personal story of a mother coyote warrior who descends on an endless path of vengeance to take back what her people lost.
Drive, jump and fight your way through the huge hand-drawn world on your trustworthy motorbike. Race through the sandy desert and perform dangerous jumps, shoot enemies in slowmo and reload your gun by performing a backflip! Use skill-based power-ups and persist challenging battles against big bosses!
- Vehicular combat on a fast and agile motorbike
- A beautiful, hand-painted and post-apocalyptic world filled with secrets and NPCs
- A deep story about a mother-daughter relationship, vengeance and loss, told through cinematic flashbacks
- Various chapters, epic boss battles and loads of missions
- The very first MOTORVANIA!