Upcoming souls-like RPG Kristala has been fully funded, clearing every stretch goal.
“Thanks to the support of 1,674 backers, independent developer Astral Clocktower Studios has raised $110,689 via Kickstarter to fully fund the production of Kristala,” developer Astral Clocktower Studios said.”
They added, “With all campaign stretch goals unlocked, you’ll now have the opportunity to train canine steeds and rescue familiars, and explore a special world where you can interact with mounts and familiars at rest, engaging in activities such as playing fetch to raise their affinity meter.”
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Kristala is a Dark Fantasy Action RPG that follows the adventures of a feline warrior in possession of the titular gift of Kristala.
To join the esteemed Raksaka warriors, you must master the six magic specialties of the Sacred Kristals and uncover the origin of a dark curse while confronting mutated monsters and terrifying elites and bosses.
As you progress through the game, you’ll have the opportunity to customize your combat style and gameplay by choosing from several distinct weapon sets and leveling your magic on a comprehensive spell tree.
- Begin your journey as a fledgling feline warrior from one of six clans, each with its own unique territory, culture, aesthetic, and magic specialty
- Choose between three different classes at the start of game: Brawn, Finesse, or Quality
- There are six magic specialties in-game, each corresponding with the six playable clans, plus two distinct stats: Eminence + Malediction.
- Unique, detailed customization via character creation, stat leveling, magic leveling, and an innovative feline skill leveling tree
- Strategic, fast-paced combat with a heavy emphasis on both magic and replayability
- Story unveiled via rich + robust RPG mechanics like quests, journal entries, and special Kristal Memory pick-up items.
Kristala has a proof-of-concept demo that can be played right now on Steam.
Kristala will be released on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Microsoft Windows (through Steam).