Publisher CFK and developer Frontier Aja shared the Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony debut trailer, giving us the first real look at the remastered metroidvania.
Here’s the Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony debut trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the 2021-announced port:
Koumajou Remilia Scarlet Symphony has been loved by many gamers since its initial release, highly praised for its quality gameplay and soundtrack as well as Banpai Akira’s sharp and gothic reinterpretation of Touhou characters.
The Nintendo Switch and Steam versions contain a number of enhanced features compared to the original, such as HD remastered graphics, newly added dialogues, and English language support. Fans of the original game and Touhou Project can’t also miss full Japanese voice over that will be added in the new versions.
List of Japanese Voice Actors
- REIMU HAKUREI ( Voiced by: Rina Sato )
- MARISA KIRISAME ( Voiced by: Ryoko Shintani )
- REMILIA SCARLET ( Voiced by: Eri Kitamura )
- SAKUYA IZAYOI ( Voiced by: Miyuki Sawashiro )
- CIRNO ( Voiced by: Aoi Yuki )
- HONG MEILING ( Voiced by: Satomi Sato )
- PATCHOULI KNOWLEDGE ( Voiced by: Noriko Rikimaru )
- ALICE MARGATROID ( Voiced by: Haruka Tomatsu )
- SUIKA IBUKI ( Voiced by: Miho Okasaki )
Gensokyo faces sudden disturbance as 「Scarlet Mist」 spreads once again. To Reimu Hakurei, this peculiar phenomenon resembled something familiar.
‘Is this that vampire’s doing?’, she thought to herself. There was only one choice: head to the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and find out the true cause of the disturbance.
……but this time, the way to the mansion was a little different from usual.
- Colorful dialogues between Touhou characters – The player becomes Reimu Hakurei and sets out to find the true cause of the Scarlet Mist. On the way to the Scarlet Devil Mansion, they will interact with various Touhou characters in a number of intense bullet hell battles.
- Reimu’s Weapons – The player will fight their way to the cause of the disturbance using right weapons in right situations. Reimu has 「Purification Wand」 for close combat, and 「Ofuda」 for attacking flying enemies. She herself can fly, too.
- Marisa and Cirno join the party! – Marisa Kirisame and Cirno join Reimu in her adventure, supporting her with their own partner attacks. The player can summon them at the cost of Souls. To lead the battle to victory, they need to decide carefully when to call for the partner’s help.
- Survive the Touhou-style bullet hell! – Playing as Reimu Hakurei, the player will encounter and fight Touhou characters such as Hong Meiling, Sakuya Izayoi, and Alice Margatroid. The residents of the Scarlet Devil Mansion will corner the player with fierce bullet hell patterns.
And behind all of them stands the vampire Reimu is looking for……!
Check Out What’s Inside the Nintendo Switch Physical Edition
While Koumajou Remilia Scarlet Symphony is getting a digital release on Nintendo Switch and Steam, the Nintendo Switch version will also be available as a hard copy. The publisher CFK announced the pre-order of physical limited edition as well, with the following special items:
- Exclusive game package box designed with Banpai Akira’s new art
- [Reprint] 34-page special artbook
- [Reprint] Original soundtrack (2 CDs, 27 songs total)
- Acrylic picture plate designed with Banpai Akira’s new art
Koumajou Remilia: Scarlet Symphony is launching July 28th on Windows PC (via Steam) and Nintendo Switch.