Publisher Nintendo and developer HAL Laboratory announced Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe is getting a playable demo.
The new demo is available now for Nintendo Switch, over on the eShop.
Here’s a rundown on the previously announced remaster, plus a new trailer:
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe
An adventure of deluxe proportions awaits!
The tough puff Kirby is back for a 1-4 player* platforming adventure across Planet Popstar. Help Magolor rebuild his ship with newly added Mecha and Sand Copy Abilities
Float and fight along with friends on the same system as you control Kirby. Each other player can control a different Kirby or one of Kirby’s iconic friends like King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Waddle Dee.
Play solo or with friends as you adventure through Dream Land
- Join forces to save the day – Take on the adventure alone as Kirby or invite other players to join the game as a different Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, or Bandana Waddle Dee. You and up to 3 friends can work together to find missing ship pieces in 4-player co-op on the same system.
- Team up for powerful Team Attacks – Combine powers with other players by riding piggyback! Just press and release the L or R buttons at the same time for a super-strong Team Attack. Effects will vary based on the number of players and who is on the bottom of the stack.
Meet Kirby and his friends
- Kirby – This powerful pink puff lives on Planet Popstar and is one of Dream Land’s greatest heroes. Watch out, enemies!
- Magolor – A mysterious cosmic traveler who has crash landed on Planet Popstar. Can Kirby and his friends help repair his ship?
- King Dedede – Make way for the king of Dream Land! Big and burly (just like his hammer), King Dedede is excited to join the adventure.
- Meta Knight – This masked knight soars through the air and deftly swings his sword. His unrivaled speed is the result of intense training!
- Bandana Waddle Dee – This resident of Dream Land is small, but Bandana Waddle Dee has a big heart—and a big spear that packs a wallop!
Explore the world and beat enemies with Copy Abilities
- Meet the new Copy Abilities – The new Mecha and Sand abilities make their Kirby franchise debut. There are more than 20 returning Copy Abilities, including Festival.
- Discover different combos – Each Copy Ability comes with many moves. You can check your current ability’s moves by opening the Pause Menu.
- Take Super Abilities for a spin – Inhale glowing enemies to wield a more powerful ability that will send enemies flying and pave the way to the next area.
Party it up at Merry Magoland
Play subgames for in-game rewards
Travel from Planet Popstar to the Merry Magoland amusement park! Play a colorful collection of subgames, collect stamps for your stamp rally, and earn in-game prizes. Share the fun with up to 3 friends on the same system.
Hop online* to see global fun facts or compete against player records from all over the world in Samurai Kirby 100.
Mask up at the Souvenir Shop
Talk to Souvenir Shop Waddle Dee to dress up each playable character with fun masks inspired by the Kirby series.
Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe is launching on February 24th for Nintendo Switch.