Publisher Nintendo and developer HAL Laboratory announced Kirby’s Dream Buffet got a release date set for this month.
Kirby’s Dream Buffet is launching on August 17th for Nintendo Switch, via both the eShop and at retail.
Here’s a new overview trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the July-announced game:
Bump, battle, and boost your way to sweet victory
Have a feast of fun with family and friends in Kirby’s Dream Buffet™ for the Nintendo Switch family of systems.
Roll through a smorgasbord of food-themed stages in delicious 4-player competition as a rounder-than-usual Kirby. Anyone can take the cake in Kirby’s Dream Buffet! This digital game is available exclusively for Nintendo Switch.
Four types of frenzied fun
- Gourmet Grand Prix – Race across mouth-watering obstacle courses collecting strawberries to plump up Kirby. Play a minigame in the bonus stage between races. Then turn the tides in the battle round—a final fruity fight atop a floating platform.
- Race – Roll through food-themed courses collecting strawberries and Copy Foods as you race to the finish. Earn extra strawberries at cake goals at the end of the race.
- Minigame – Play a delectable minigame between races! Compete with other players to collect as many strawberries as possible within the time limit.
- Battle Royale – In the final confrontation, knock opponents off the stage to steal their strawberries. Use your Copy Food Abilities as you battle it out to see which Kirby has grown largest!
Cute and competitive fun
- Play with a pal – Battle with another player on a single Nintendo Switch family system.
- Play with a group – Get snacky with up to 4 players via local wireless* or online**.
- Delectable customization options
Find your sweet style – Dress Kirby in scrumptious costumes that look like Meta Knight, King Dedede, Elfilin, and more.
- Add a dash of color – Customize Kirby with an array of different color options to help you start the race in style.
- Top it off with treats – Decorate your own cake with treats that look like cookies, chocolates, and candies from the Kirby™ series of games.
Power up with Copy Foods – When you see a Food Box, roll through it to gain a Copy Food Ability. You might get a Turbo Burning boost from a Burning Pepper or a Hyper Tornado from Tornado Frosting!
With simple controls and the chance for quick comebacks, these playful power-ups can help level the competition for younger players.