Just in time for this year’s EVO, Microsoft has announced Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition.
The new release for the fighting game reboot will launch for Xbox One via both retail and the Xbox Live store, on September 20th. Featured above, you can view the announcement trailer for the new release.
It will cost $39.99, and it includes all three seasons of the game. Here’s a breakdown of everything included:
- Every Killer Instinct fighter! That’s 26 characters, including the remastered cast, original fighters like Hisako and ARIA, and special guest characters like Arbiter from Halo, Rash from Battletoads and General RAAM from Gears of War
- All 20 stages, with visual upgrades and lighting changes (creating absolutely improved gorgeous fighting sets)
- Killer Instinct Classic 1 & 2 for Xbox One – the faithful recreation of the arcade originals
- Special features like every song in the Killer Instinct archives, every character trailer, and never-before-seen concept artwork
- An interactive universe map with stage location details
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes videos digging into the history, world, and design of this beloved franchise
- Store exclusive: Bonus original soundtrack CD
- Store exclusive: “Gold Gargos” exclusive character skin
Finally, it’s worth mentioning that pre-orders for the new release are now available at local or online retailers.