Sega have revealed Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza series will be an unlockable playable character in Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania.
As previously reported, the game is a remake compilation of Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2, and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe; just in time for the series 20th anniversary. Players must choose their monkey- each with their own stats, and bowl down tilting courses. Do you nab all the bananas you can across over 300 stages, minigames, 4 player co-op, and story mode? Or do you go for the fastest time?
Guest unlockable characters thus far have included other Sega stars; such as Sonic the Hedgehog and Tails, and Beat from Jet Set Radio. However, the newest character is a surprise; Kazuma Kiriyu from the Yakuza seriesm in a delightfully chibi form.
You can find the Kazuma Kiryu Joins the Gang trailer below.
You can find the rundown (via Steam) below.
Roll through wondrous worlds with AiAi and friends as you race to stop monkey mad scientist Dr. Bad-Boon from blowing up Jungle Island! Join the all-star monkey team of AiAi, MeeMee, GonGon, Baby, YanYan and Doctor as you bounce, tilt, and roll your way across hundreds of delightfully crafted levels and mazes. It’s monkey business for the gang as you take down Dr. Bad-Boon and steal back your beloved bananas!
- The ultimate Super Monkey Ball Experience – More than 300 stages from Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2 and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe.
- Go Bananas with 12 fun minigames including Monkey Racing, Monkey Soccer, Monkey Bowling, Monkey Baseball and much more!
- Challenge your friends as you compete for the top banana on the online leaderboards!
- Immerse yourself in the Super Monkey Ball world with creative comic-book-style storytelling in Story Mode.
- Want to be the coolest monkey on the block? Customize your character and Super Monkey Ball to make it your own!
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania launches October 5th on Windows PC (via Steam), Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.