Indie developer Foolish Mortals Games announced Kaiju Wars is getting a console release, following its previously confirmed early access release for PC.
While turn-based strategy RPG Kaiju Wars is getting a console release, the game is set for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 sometime after its early access stint.
Following the news that Kaiju Wars is getting a console release, its previously confirmed April 30th early access (via Steam) release was bumped up a couple days to April 28th.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
Play out a kaiju movie as the (hopelessly) outclassed military in the stylish 2D turn-based strategy of Kaiju Wars. Construct buildings and defend your city with cannon-fodder tanks, jets, and more as the devastating kaiju grows in power with every attack.
Kaiju are approaching the city! Scramble the jets and deploy the tanks in this 2D turn-based strategy game.
You thought being mayor of the world’s greatest city was all about zoning bylaws. Then the kaiju came. Good luck.
Command the army!
- We need more time! – Play as the mayor of Floatio city, tasked with holding off the overwhelming strength of a kaiju attack. Park tanks and jets in the monster’s path to slow it down (don’t worry, we have a good insurance policy).
- Construct buildings! – Build sacrificial army bases and airfields to distract the kaiju and line the city streets with fodder.
- Deploy experimental weapons! – Conventional weapons aren’t enough; deploy experimental weapons such as freeze rays and transforming mechas to keep the kaiju at bay.
Our chief scientist is working on an anti-monster serum, but it’s not ready yet! Be prepared to evacuate the laboratory using transport trucks, boats or planes when the kaiju get too close.
Fight the KAIJU!
- Five unique kaiju – Each specializing in different types of destruction.
- They mutate! – Tremble in fear as each kaiju grows stronger and gains devastating abilities through mid-level mutations.
- Unstoppable! – Kaiju can’t be killed, but can only be slowed down and forced to fall back… for now. Pepper them with ammunition, if you can.
- Predictable! – They move towards the nearest building, and them scientists have mathed the exact odds they step on each tile!
- Uncover the mystery – Strange things are happening: frequent volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes. Find out why over the course of an 8+ hour story-based campaign.
- Embark on a Campaign! – Play missions from all over the world as you progress through the globe-trotting fight against kaiju. Test your wits in tactical puzzles, command dozens of units in large-scale scenarios, and fend off repeated attacks while developing your city economically in city defense missions.
- Upgrade your ACES – Veteran ACE units accompany you throughout your campaign. Spend medals to upgrade and customize your top fighters.
- Customize your Project Deck – Unlock powerful Project cards, customize your deck, and bring your best strategy to compete on the online leaderboard!
Play AS the Kaiju!
- Local Versus Mode – Two players duke it out at the same computer (or online via Steam RemotePlay), with one playing as the KAIJU, the other as the HUMANS
Create your own battles!
- Create your own city or scenario – Simple and easy to use, scenarios can be crafted in minutes using the drag and drop map editor
- Share your creations online – Share your cities or maps online using Steam Workshop integration
- Compete with other players! – Gain the top spot on the Weekly Challenge leaderboards