Publisher Kasedo Games and developer Bulwark Studios new city-builder IXION is like Frostpunk in space, and a playable demo for the game is coming next week.
While IXION is like Frostpunk in space, developer Bulwark Studios (Warhammer 40,000: Mechanicus) haven’t been shy in comparing the two games, saying it seeks to bring “the pressure that Frostpunk brings,” but in spaaaaace. They also liken the game to a “strategic survival space opera.”
A playable demo for IXION will be available during Steam Next Fest, from February 21st to the 28th, where players can experience “early gameplay aboard the Tiqqun,” which is the cobbled together ship you have to survive on.
Here’s a new trailer:
Here’s a rundown on the game:
IXION combines city building, survival elements and exploration, into a thrilling space opera as you explore the stars. Propelled onwards through a perilous journey, you are the Administrator of the Tiqqun space station, charged with finding a new home for humanity.
Keeping the station sound and flying will require a deft hand and strategic thinking, as you are constantly pulled between maintaining hull integrity, bringing in new resources and managing power consumption.
What choices will you make when confronted with impending disaster? What will you discover out there in the dark?
- In Dolos We Trust – A population to manage, survivors to find, cryopods to recover… Maintain your crew’s trust in the corporation that started this venture, or face failure and mutiny. Six sectors can be unlocked within the station, each able to house more population, support new jobs, and provide opportunity to monitor the crew with the Data Listening System. Will you bring hope to the people?
- Choices in the Dark – Who said DOLOS was the only faction to escape the fate of the Earth? Brush up against other pockets of survivors, navigate on from the failures and wrecks of others… IXION will lead the player through gripping chapters of story, where new threats and opportunities are presented, all in aid of reaching the final destination, a new home.
- Frontier Academia – DOLOS are famed for their innovative technology, their scientists, but the Tiqqun now finds itself cut off. Find what resources you can, research what you do not have. Find new ways to provide for your settlement, construct new buildings to create what’s needed. Modify the Tiqqun station, improve it, forge ahead in this odyssey.
- Occupational Hazards – Space is a dangerous place. Hull breaches, overloaded power supplies, electrical fires… It is up to you to manage these risks, deal with emergencies, create backup power solutions, and enable Extra Vehicular Activity…
- Stellar Exploration – There are whole new stellar maps to explore. Send out probes to reveal what’s hidden, create mining and cargo ships to find resources, commission science expeditions to discover the secrets and threats you’ll find out there in space. Encounter other survivors and bring them into the fold of your mission, objective – survive.
IXION is set for a release on Windows PC (via Steam) sometime in 2022.